Windows 10: Do I have to reload/buy Windows 10 after I reset my PC?

Discus and support Do I have to reload/buy Windows 10 after I reset my PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to reset my laptop, but so that my own data is retained, see photo. When I restart the laptop, do I have to buy and install Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by macintosh7, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Do I have to reload/buy Windows 10 after I reset my PC?

I want to reset my laptop, but so that my own data is retained, see photo.

When I restart the laptop, do I have to buy and install Windows 10 again?

And what exactly do I have to do after that reset?

Thanks

Please only write answers if you really know, my PC is very important for me.

Do I have to reload/buy Windows 10 after I reset my PC? 0_big.jpg

:)

macintosh7, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2020
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 14, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Do I have to reload/buy Windows 10 after I reset my PC?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Do I have to reload/buy Windows 10 after I reset my PC?

1. Do I have to reload/buy Windows 10 after I reset my PC? - Similar Threads - reload buy reset

2. If I own windows 10 on my computer do I have to buy it again for my child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If I own windows 10 on my computer do I have to buy it again for my child: Do I have to buy another license key for my child even though I already downloaded windows 10 on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-own-windows-10-on-my-computer-do-i-have-to/6a6416be-6a49-48da-90bb-1945d8847521
  3. If I own windows 10 on my computer do I have to buy it again for my child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I own windows 10 on my computer do I have to buy it again for my child: Do I have to buy another license key for my child even though I already downloaded windows 10 on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-own-windows-10-on-my-computer-do-i-have-to/6a6416be-6a49-48da-90bb-1945d8847521
  4. I have problem in resetting my windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have problem in resetting my windows 10 pc: Can I turn off my PC while reset. The percentage is at 10 and not increasing for 5hours. What must I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-resetting-my-windows-10-pc/f9e3fea3-b7b7-4fa0-8002-309ee4c8f3dd
  5. Do I lose windows 10 if I reset my pc?

Do I lose windows 10 if I reset my pc?: Hello! When I bought my pc some 7? years ago, it came with windows 8. When windows released windows 10, it upgraded and I've had windows 10 ever since. My pc is giving me some trouble lately and I'm considering reseting it, but I'm afraid of going back to windows 8. Will I...
  6. Do I have to buy windows 10 again?

Do I have to buy windows 10 again?: Hello, I've bought windows 10 online for my first gaming computer. Currently I am in the process of building a new gaming PC and was wondering if I could still use the windows 10 installation key from my first computer onto this new computer while keeping windows 10 on both...
  7. I already have Windows 10 on my laptop, do I need to buy I new code for my new pc?

I already have Windows 10 on my laptop, do I need to buy I new code for my new pc?: I'm think about building a new PC. I already have a laptop that has Windows 10 on it. I upgraded from a lower Windows version when it was free I was wondering If I have to buy a whole new key or not? Much Appreciated, Ben!...
  8. Do I have to buy Minecraft again for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to buy Minecraft again for Windows 10: I bought Minecraft Java Edition, and I was trying to join a friends game, and they are on Windows 10 version. I now have to "rebuy" Minecraft to join his game. I don't think I need to do that. He told me that I have to make a new account or join on a different one but I...
  9. After Reloading Windows I No Longer Have a Hibernate Option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Reloading Windows I No Longer Have a Hibernate Option: After Reloading Windows I No Longer Have a Hibernate Option. Windows 10x64Home version 17763 8Gb ram i3-3225 Asrock Z68-ITX/HT Motherboard Upgraded from Win7 to 10 in 2015~16 Hibernation option was there 12-2018 Reloaded windows because of a dead Hard Drive and...
  10. if I buy windows 10, if windows 11 comes out then do I have to buy it again?

if I buy windows 10, if windows 11 comes out then do I have to buy it again?: I need to ask if I buy windows 10 then when the next version comes out, do I have to buy it again?. To be more specific, if I buy windows 10, if windows 11 comes out then do I have to buy it again?. Thanks....