Windows 10: Do I have to save my Windows 10 key?

Discus and support Do I have to save my Windows 10 key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Let's say I want to format my PC which has Windows 10 and it's a collected computer, not a ready one. Do I have to enter my key again at the start or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sanijaro, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Do I have to save my Windows 10 key?

Let's say I want to format my PC which has Windows 10 and it's a collected computer, not a ready one. Do I have to enter my key again at the start or will it detect itself? If it does, how? (Is it gonna be applied to my motherboard or something?

submitted by /u/sanijaro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sanijaro, Sep 9, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Do I have to save my Windows 10 key?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Do I have to save my Windows 10 key?

1. Do I have to save my Windows 10 key? - Similar Threads - save key

2. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key backup Can't save to your Microsoft account: I am logged in with a Microsoft account with administrator privileges. In the Manage BitLocker app, if I click "Back up your recovery key" and choose "Save to your Microsoft account", I get a pop-up saying "Can't save to your Microsoft account".I also ran mountvol to find the...
  4. Windows 10 Azure AD Joined not giving option to clients to save key in Azure AD without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Azure AD Joined not giving option to clients to save key in Azure AD without...: Windows 10 Azure AD Joined not giving option to clients to save key in Azure AD without admin privilege.With Admin privilege clients can save the key in Azure AD. We had group policy to write the key to AD when the clients were only joined on-prem ad but now as Azure joined...
  5. Windows 10 Azure AD Joined not giving option to clients to save key in Azure AD without...

Windows 10 Azure AD Joined not giving option to clients to save key in Azure AD without...: Windows 10 Azure AD Joined not giving option to clients to save key in Azure AD without admin privilege.With Admin privilege clients can save the key in Azure AD. We had group policy to write the key to AD when the clients were only joined on-prem ad but now as Azure joined...
  6. Windows 10 Azure AD Joined not giving option to clients to save key in Azure AD without...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?: I recently changed My laptop’s hard disk .I replaced with SSD and fixed my previous hardisk as secondary hard drive then post 1 week it is locked and Asking for BitLocker recovery key .unfortunately I didn’t saved any keys in my Microsoft account.No am unable to access my...
  8. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?: I recently changed My laptop’s hard disk .I replaced with SSD and fixed my previous hardisk as secondary hard drive then post 1 week it is locked and Asking for BitLocker recovery key .unfortunately I didn’t saved any keys in my Microsoft account.No am unable to access my...
  9. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

10. unable to remove obsolete bitlocker keys that are saved online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove obsolete bitlocker keys that are saved online: I just realized that I have 15 instances of saved bitlocker keys going back many years. They are all obsolete except for 2 of them. When I "delete" them online I get the confirmation dialogue box but upon refresh they all reappear. As a side note when I request a that my...