Windows 10: Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

Discus and support Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by peacefromken, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

:)

peacefromken, Feb 23, 2019

2. PC will go to sleep even though the Power settings are set to Never in Windows 10.

Hello Ann,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

Since the Sleep settings are set to Default, I suggest you to make changes from the
    Power options settings page and check if the issue is resolved.

Change the power settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power options and select the top most search result.

• Click on Change when the computer sleeps
      from the left side panel of the window and select Never option from the dropdown bar under both the options.

• Click on Save Changes and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 23, 2019
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

1. Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings? - Similar Threads - save power sleep

2. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  3. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  4. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power and sleep setting won't save.

Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  6. Power and sleep settings cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power and sleep settings cannot be changed: Since a recent windows 10 update, my screen shuts off after about 1 minute and my computer sleeps after 5 min. despite trying to reset in settings multiple times. Suggestions welcome....
  7. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  8. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  9. power settings not saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    power settings not saved: I've seen this question asked dozens of times. Is there a fix for this? I have all of my power settings set to max performance and "never." Nothing works. My computer falls asleep about as fast as my cell phone (1 minute). Waking it up means I have to log in again. VERY...
  10. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep: I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy. Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save sleep changes

2. where to save Pawer & sleep changes