Windows 10: Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC?

Discus and support Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; To shut down my computer do I have to sign out of my account from the Start button Start/Account/Sign OutAND click Shut Down from the Power button? Or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CJ Harris23, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC?

To shut down my computer do I have to sign out of my account from the Start button Start/Account/Sign OutAND click Shut Down from the Power button? Or can I simply use Power button to shut down?

This is a household computer with only two of us using it primarily for email and some Word and Excel docs.

:)

CJ Harris23, Feb 5, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 5, 2020
  3. DonB6 Win User
    shut off button

I don't want to log off. That takes several more steps. I want to shut down. It use to have a list of things to hit but somehow change to sign off or lock. I want the shut down to reappear.

Rogue

DonB6, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC?

1. Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC? - Similar Threads - sign before shutting

2. My PC shuts down before even going to the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down before even going to the screen: I've removed all components from my PC to clean everything up just cpu, psi and gpu dust. I've plugged everything inside the same components and when I tried to run it it runs for 1s and then shuts down and repeats it. I know my components aren't the issue since before they...
  3. My PC shuts down before even going to the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down before even going to the screen: I've removed all components from my PC to clean everything up just cpu, psi and gpu dust. I've plugged everything inside the same components and when I tried to run it it runs for 1s and then shuts down and repeats it. I know my components aren't the issue since before they...
  4. My PC shuts down before even going to the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC shuts down before download is finished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC shuts down before download is finished: Hi, I've been trying to download a Windows 10 ISO in Firefox, but my PC auto shutdowns before the download finishes. I've set "Turn off the display" to Never, and also "Put the computer to sleep". I really need this file, so please help me....
  6. My desktop PC won't sign out when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    My desktop PC won't sign out when I shut down.: When I shut down with Start Menu > Power icon > shut down, my PC doesn't seem to sign off properly before shutting down. I know because when I turn on again and sign in with a different user, task manager shows the previous user as still signed on (but "disconnected"). Yet,...
  7. Having to sign out before being able to sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having to sign out before being able to sign in: Hello Folks: I seek your valued advice on the following problem I have recently started facing. I have a HP Pavillion 17 Notebook, 64 bit operating system, X 64 based processor. My Windows specs are: Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 My laptop after being used for a few hours...
  8. Having to sign out before being able to sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Having to sign out before being able to sign in: Hello Folks: I seek your valued advice on the following problem I have recently started facing. I have a HP Pavillion 17 Notebook, 64 bit operating system, X 64 based processor. My Windows specs are: Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 My laptop after being used for a few hours...
  9. My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it: My laptop fully shuts down when i shut its lid/screen... is there anyway to fix it? Model : X441BA Asus computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-fully-shuts-downsigns-me-out-when-i-shut/9d6407e3-5227-4393-a170-704e5e3135b2
  10. BSOD before shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD before shutting down: When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL. Device Model: ASUS X450LCP (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450LC/HelpDesk_Download/) Here is the minidump file:...