Windows 10: Do I have to turn off firewall when using homegroup?

Discus and support Do I have to turn off firewall when using homegroup? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I kept on trying to set up a homegroup once again yesterday and could not figure out why my systems could not see one another. Kept on doing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pittguy578, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Do I have to turn off firewall when using homegroup?

I kept on trying to set up a homegroup once again yesterday and could not figure out why my systems could not see one another. Kept on doing troubleshooter changing passwords etc. I then played around with firewall and found out that was the reason. It worked fine while I took it off. But as soon as I enabled it again boom not working. Is there something I can do to fix this? Which settings? If I can't use the built in firewall, would a third party one work better?

:)

pittguy578, Oct 31, 2015
  2. kemo14 Win User

Windows update will not download some files

I followed the above instructions and it looks like my updates are now downloading. When I turn Emisisoft back on. I will have to turn off Windows Firewall. Do I really need to download these updates if I am using Emisisoft?

kemo14, Oct 31, 2015
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Firewall won't turn on

Hi,

Turning firewall needs to be done in an administrator account. This may be the reason why it can't be turned on. When you mentioned that the Windows Firewall doesn't turn on, do you get any error message? See this
    article
    on how to turn this on.

With regard to Windows Firewall not showing up in the services, this usually happens if you use a third-party firewall. Do you have any?

John Sarc, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

Do I have to turn off firewall when using homegroup?

1. Do I have to turn off firewall when using homegroup? - Similar Threads - turn off firewall

2. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?: I don't need to turn Windows Firewall back on because I have another paid antivirus/Firewall protection app Webroot on my computer Windows 10 desktop. I have it off because I don't need both of them running. If there's a way to turn off these notifications, please let me...
  3. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?: I don't need to turn Windows Firewall back on because I have another paid antivirus/Firewall protection app Webroot on my computer Windows 10 desktop. I have it off because I don't need both of them running. If there's a way to turn off these notifications, please let me...
  4. How do I turn off the notification to turn Windows Firewall back on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  6. how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse?: How do I turn off touchpad when using a mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-touchpad-when-using-a-mouse/0a1882eb-8fc8-42dd-bcb8-cce22372eee4
  7. Turned off firewall, now how do I turn off the notification telling me to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turned off firewall, now how do I turn off the notification telling me to turn it back on.: I'm behind not one but two physical firewalls so I've turned off the windows 10 firewall. However, I get naggifications urging me to turn it back on every time I boot up and every so often while using the machine. How do I turn these off. I've attached a screenshot of what...
  8. why do I receive a notice that my firewalls are turned off, when they are all on

why do I receive a notice that my firewalls are turned off, when they are all on: I get a notice everyday that my fire walls are turned off. I check security and they are all on. Why do I keep getting this notice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-do-i-receive-a-notice-that-my-firewalls-are/3d0b083d-e24a-41c8-9c25-8d371f4a4217
  9. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  10. Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Should I turn off Windows Firewall?: Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire gives me as much protection as the Windows one give me. -Thanks! 19741