Windows 10: Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?

Discus and support Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't wait 30 days to access my computer, i need it to work. And to cancel the request of update information requieres a phone number that I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GabrielVeron1344, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?

I can't wait 30 days to access my computer, i need it to work. And to cancel the request of update information requieres a phone number that I don't have anymore.What can i do?

:)

GabrielVeron1344, Oct 31, 2022

2. 30 day wait?

Hi,

I gave my Lumia 920 to my son to use, with the idea that I'll be able to activate Family Safety on the phone as I did on his tablet. I reset the phone and started to enter his Outlook.com credentials for the Microsoft account. But when the verification is
    done, it still wants to send the verification code to my cell number - and not his. I made sure that his SIM card is used, but it insisted to send the verification to my number. When I changed the security info to his number, it said that I'll have to wait
    30 days for the change to take affect.

I understand some of the logic behind the 30 day wait, but for two reasons it's totally impractical in my case:

1. I have control over the phone and accounts, so I should be able to decide what to active and when - not the system.

2. My son can only use the phone when I can monitor his internet access - he now has to wait 30 days before that can happen - total waste!

Thys

ThysMarais, Oct 31, 2022
  3. DaveW62 Win User
    30 Day Waiting Period

We moved, and I bought my wife a new Lumia 950. She was prompted to update her security info. She no longer has access to the old email so she indicated that. It blocker her with the well known "30 day waiting period." The period is supposed to end at the
    end of January, 2016.

She CAN send/receive email from her computer, but she CANNOT send/receive email from her Lumia 950. It just continues to give her errors saying that she needs to fix her settings, she needs to wait 30 days, etc.

The phone is having all kind of other major issues - won't download anything (possibly because the account issue, random "low storage" errors when there is plenty of storage.

DaveW62, Oct 31, 2022
  4. LuizScruz Win User

Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?

security 30 day period ends today still not accessible.

Hello richardsimon, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

When you try to access the account do you get a message like "We're not ready for you yet. Your 30-day waiting period ends on 4/19/2022"?

Initially I suggest that you see the information provided by the moderator Rua Glenn in the link below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

Hope this helps, see you soon!

LuizScruz, Oct 31, 2022
Thema:

Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?

1. Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer? - Similar Threads - wait days access

2. Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait: Im unable to do anything since in order to log into my computer its making me set up a pin and in order to set up a pin i need to log into Microsoft yet i dont have the number linked to it anymore so i requested to change it. The page has updated since and now it says “your...
  3. Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of computer because of Microsoft 30 day wait: Im unable to do anything since in order to log into my computer its making me set up a pin and in order to set up a pin i need to log into Microsoft yet i dont have the number linked to it anymore so i requested to change it. The page has updated since and now it says “your...
  4. WAIT 30 DAYS TO CHANGE PIN?! NO PC ACCESS!!! Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WAIT 30 DAYS TO CHANGE PIN?! NO PC ACCESS!!! Help: Hello,Why am I being forced to wait 30 days?Last week I tried adding a finger in my laptop to scan better during the login. I had to enter my pincode, which I wrote down on a paper and used before to log in.But the code didn’t work? It denied access and I went through the...
  5. WAIT 30 DAYS TO CHANGE PIN?! NO PC ACCESS!!! Help

WAIT 30 DAYS TO CHANGE PIN?! NO PC ACCESS!!! Help: Hello,Why am I being forced to wait 30 days?Last week I tried adding a finger in my laptop to scan better during the login. I had to enter my pincode, which I wrote down on a paper and used before to log in.But the code didn’t work? It denied access and I went through the...
  6. Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates: Why do I have to wait 30 day for security updates submitted a new phone number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-wait-30-days-for-security-updates/5d1963c4-f57f-40af-870f-0b68963f1ed5
  7. Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates

Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates: Why do I have to wait 30 day for security updates submitted a new phone number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-wait-30-days-for-security-updates/5d1963c4-f57f-40af-870f-0b68963f1ed5
  8. Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?: I can't wait 30 days to access my computer, i need it to work. And to cancel the request of update information requieres a phone number that I don't have anymore.What can i do?...
  9. Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?

Do I have to wait 30 days to access my computer?: I can't wait 30 days to access my computer, i need it to work. And to cancel the request of update information requieres a phone number that I don't have anymore.What can i do?...
  10. Microsoft Account 30 day wait

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account 30 day wait: About two years ago I added my mobile number to my account, and removed the old one. But when I went on yesterday it still had the old number, so I attempted to change it again. My new number is already associated with Xbox as I sometimes get texts - and I also can make...