Windows 10: Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

Discus and support Do I have two antivirus running at the same time? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not. Here 2 images... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZUCCOO, Jan 8, 2019.

1. ZUCCOO Win User

Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not.

Here 2 images

Do I have two antivirus running at the same time? 07333dce-c7ae-4f3d-bf04-11a0cde18734?upload=true.png

Do I have two antivirus running at the same time? 5a3e92ab-7383-4676-95c3-fa7a9e96e845?upload=true.png

As you can see, in the first image it shows as enabled but in the other image it only shows avast. So, am I okay? thanks

:)

ZUCCOO, Jan 8, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 8, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Do I have two antivirus running at the same time? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

1. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time? - Similar Threads - antivirus running same

2. I have two antivirus with the sme antivirus but two different names one is Windows security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two antivirus with the sme antivirus but two different names one is Windows security...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  3. I have two antivirus with the sme antivirus but two different names one is Windows security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two antivirus with the sme antivirus but two different names one is Windows security...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  4. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  5. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  6. Two SSDs reset at the same Time while PC is running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two SSDs reset at the same Time while PC is running: Hello there, My PC runs 3 SSDs, 1 M.2 NVMe Samsung with Windows installed on it Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042, and 2 SATA SSDs for Storage. Now the Issue, i was using my PC, left it on the Desktop and running, came back after 30 minutes and tried to open a Programme that...
  7. I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have two different accounts on the same laptop and I do not want the same programs and...: Okay so I recently got a omen gaming laptop, I use one account for work and the other for home stuff and gaming. Anytime I create a new folder or download a new game on one account or the other, they appear on the other accounts. How do I stop this from happening? submitted...
  8. How do I control two applications in the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I control two applications in the same time?: I want to use two different input types at the same time. (Controller and Keyboard & mouse) So I opened two instances of a game like Roblox and realized that I couldn't control both of the applications I could only control on 1 instance of Roblox at a time. submitted by...
  9. Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag: So I was in a Zoom meeting on my Surface and I opened task manager due to TONS of lag and when I go to "details" it shows 2 Zoom.exe's running. One is taking up tons of memory and CPU, and the other one just sits there and running in the backround with 11 thousand K of...
  10. Two OS's at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two OS's at the same time: Hello Microsoft Community, I was talking with an agent from Microsoft Support who told me that you could run two operating systems on your computer (for example, Windows 7 and Windows 10). He said you would just have to select which OS you would like to boot into on startup....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i have antivirus running

2. run avast and defender at the same time

3. can you have two antivirus at the same time 2019