Windows 10: Do I instal new or try to reinstal old?

Discus and support Do I instal new or try to reinstal old? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! About a month ago I attempted to do a reset, after I went through the steps the it came back with a notification that an error occurred and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Computersh8Me, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Do I instal new or try to reinstal old?

Hi! About a month ago I attempted to do a reset, after I went through the steps the it came back with a notification that an error occurred and no changes were made, I even worked on it before shutting it down. Yet when I turned it on the next day it took me right to the Asus EZ Mode Bios screen with the option to boot Windows to Go. When I turn on my laptop with the USB that I created to reinstal/restore it takes me to the Advance Option screen. The only options that does anything is the Turn off PC and the Enter Firmware option which takes me to the same Bios screen. The other options even troubleshooting comes back error or windows couldn't restore/reinstal cancel. I did not format the USB before downloading my restore media. The license that I have for that is a digital license that I had not linked or checked myself to see if it was linked to my account. It said it was in the update and restore page so I never confirmed. How can I get my account back? Should I go ahead and complete the process to troubleshot my Asus by doing there version of a factory reset then go ahead and complete the steps to update then try to find how to retrieve that windows account or is do I again fix my issue with Asus and instal a new version of Windows that I already purchased? Everything that I know about anything dealing with reinstalling, restoring resetting I have learned in the past 2-3 weeks. Is it possible to log into that windows account on my desktop which has a different windows account and try create the media installation usb.? I don't know how this work? I have an idea and notes on how to do the new instal of windows throught I believe rufus or the microsoft tool, even on the different ways to format my USB with FAT32 I just don't know what to do after or even where to start to try to retrieve my digital license. These are not anything I have done before so any suggestions other than I should not be operating a PC is great.

:)

Computersh8Me, Apr 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Do I instal new or try to reinstal old? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Fridgeman Win User

Do I instal new or try to reinstal old?

Video Card Installation

Wanted to upgrade my old ATI 9000 series video card. Local electronic store suggested an
    ATI Radeon X1600Pro. Installed same could only get vertical color bars on screen. Reinstalled old 9000 and all worked okay. Returned to supplier and replaced with new card,
    exactly same symptoms. I feel it is unlikely that two cards are defective. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Fridgeman

Fridgeman, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Do I instal new or try to reinstal old?

1. Do I instal new or try to reinstal old? - Similar Threads - instal try reinstal

2. Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...: The slider is not showing, if i go to the settings i change it there is not any change in the screen, i reinstall the drivers but it doesnt seems to make any difference....
  3. Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...: The slider is not showing, if i go to the settings i change it there is not any change in the screen, i reinstall the drivers but it doesnt seems to make any difference....
  4. I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...: installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data old documents of old drive but it keeps linking back to the new drive. The ones that dont have the little loop are just fine to access...
  5. I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...: installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data old documents of old drive but it keeps linking back to the new drive. The ones that dont have the little loop are just fine to access...
  6. I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...

7. Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc

Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc: I built my pc years ago with "OEM System Builders Pack" Windows 7 Home Premium on DVD. I still have the original disc and package with the product key sticker. I want to replace the old hard drive with an ssd and do a clean install not interested in upgrading to 10, etc. My...
  8. Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc: I built my pc years ago with "OEM System Builders Pack" Windows 7 Home Premium on DVD. I still have the original disc and package with the product key sticker. I want to replace the old hard drive with an ssd and do a clean install not interested in upgrading to 10, etc. My...
  9. How do I reinstalled windows after installing new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reinstalled windows after installing new motherboard: So first off I'm not very tech savvy. I've spent the past 5 hours replacing my motherboard and CPU and I'm trying to fix the drivers. I'm reading that I apparently have to reinstall windows but no double articles will give me a straight answer online... I don't believe I have...
  10. If I install a new SSD and reinstall Windows there, will the new Windows installation...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I install a new SSD and reinstall Windows there, will the new Windows installation...: I am going to be upgrading my computer soon, and as part of that upgrade I will get a new SSD where I will reinstall Windows to. I want to be able to use and access the data on my old HDD and old SSD from this new Windows installation. Will Windows recognize the...