Windows 10: Do I lose anything when upgrading

Discus and support Do I lose anything when upgrading in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am upgrading to Windows 11 and I'm wondering if I lose any data from upgrading. I have a lot of Minecraft and other game data that I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anthony.DDennis, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Do I lose anything when upgrading

Hello, I am upgrading to Windows 11 and I'm wondering if I lose any data from upgrading. I have a lot of Minecraft and other game data that I don't wanna lose. Will I lose anything once the upgrade is complete? As that matter even create a Windows.old? I have an image to show what is from the Microsoft Store and what not.

:)

Anthony.DDennis, Oct 26, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Do I lose anything when upgrading

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

Thema:

Do I lose anything when upgrading

1. Do I lose anything when upgrading - Similar Threads - lose anything upgrading

2. Do I lose anything when upgrading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I lose anything when upgrading: Hello, I am upgrading to Windows 11 and I'm wondering if I lose any data from upgrading. I have a lot of Minecraft and other game data that I don't wanna lose. Will I lose anything once the upgrade is complete? As that matter even create a Windows.old? I have an image to show...
  3. Do I lose anything when upgrading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I lose anything when upgrading: Hello, I am upgrading to Windows 11 and I'm wondering if I lose any data from upgrading. I have a lot of Minecraft and other game data that I don't wanna lose. Will I lose anything once the upgrade is complete? As that matter even create a Windows.old? I have an image to show...
  4. data lose when upgraded to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data lose when upgraded to windows 11?: I just want to ask that will my data be loosed when upgraded t windows 11?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-lose-when-upgraded-to-windows-11/5f1eb522-77e7-4c6d-8252-2d4ad4d6cb31
  5. data lose when upgraded to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data lose when upgraded to windows 11?: I just want to ask that will my data be loosed when upgraded t windows 11?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-lose-when-upgraded-to-windows-11/5f1eb522-77e7-4c6d-8252-2d4ad4d6cb31
  6. No permissions to do anything... and I mean anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No permissions to do anything... and I mean anything.: At a random point yesterday, I noticed my PC Windows 10 stopped opening files. It was stalling and then giving me the error message "you have not got permissions to access..." as well as "there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper". I went on to check...
  7. i need to instal w10 1909 without losing anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i need to instal w10 1909 without losing anything: i have w10 2004 but the game forza horizon 4 dont work, the only thing i can do is go back to 1909, i know i have to download the iso with ruffus, but what should i do to keep all my archives and programs? thanks for read and sorry for bad english submitted by /u/isma_fdc...
  8. Can i rename a User without losing anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i rename a User without losing anything?: Finally build my gaming rig, was careless and signed in windows with my email on installation, now my user is named after the 5 first letters of my email and i noticed it too late. Is there a way to rename it? Obviously i dont want to format/delete user since i got 5+tb of...
  9. I cant upgrade anything :(

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant upgrade anything :(: I cant upgrade roblox (which I want to play). I need an upgrade, but I have low disk space and I cant upgrade it :( :( :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-anything/cf974f99-399c-4090-b84d-655a017328bf
  10. BSOD when doing anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when doing anything: BSOD randomly started happening two days ago while browsing the internet and downloading games on steam. After a few BSOD's, the my PC was able to run fine overnight while downloading the games. The next day, I was able to play Elite Dangerous and Battlegrounds for several...