Windows 10: Do I lose files and applications when I install a different version of Windows 10?

Discus and support Do I lose files and applications when I install a different version of Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is currently running Windows 10 Enterprise off an installation from my old place of employment. The product license is expiring. If I were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PULJUNG, Jan 7, 2021.

1. PULJUNG Win User

Do I lose files and applications when I install a different version of Windows 10?

My computer is currently running Windows 10 Enterprise off an installation from my old place of employment. The product license is expiring. If I were to purchase Windows 10 Pro, can I install or update without losing my applications and documents?

:)

PULJUNG, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Not able to install exe file created in WINDEV application

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you are no longer able to install an application that worked in a previous version of Windows. This could be caused by compatibility settings that we need to change or missing update components. For
    us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What application are you trying to install in Windows 10?
    • Have you checked if there were any newer releases of the application you are trying to install?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that you attempt to install the application using compatibility mode. This will install the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. You can follow the steps that are available through this

link

Jordan Dom, Jan 7, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Do I lose files and applications when I install a different version of Windows 10?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Do I lose files and applications when I install a different version of Windows 10? - Similar Threads - lose files applications

2. How Do I Install an Application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Install an Application?: Hello,A while back, i needed this app, which i downloaded from the internet on two devices. However, had to factory reset one of the devices. So, i copied app files from one device to another. When i tried to install the application, it didnt open. So now i have all these...
  3. How do i install Applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i install Applications: Hello! Riddhi Siddhi Impex Metal is where I work.I am not able to install Photoshop application on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-applications/4ecbd9e1-fcb6-4aae-84c7-b83144b035cb
  4. How do i install Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install Applications: Hello! Riddhi Siddhi Impex Metal is where I work.I am not able to install Photoshop application on my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-applications/4ecbd9e1-fcb6-4aae-84c7-b83144b035cb
  5. Do I lose anything when upgrading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I lose anything when upgrading: Hello, I am upgrading to Windows 11 and I'm wondering if I lose any data from upgrading. I have a lot of Minecraft and other game data that I don't wanna lose. Will I lose anything once the upgrade is complete? As that matter even create a Windows.old? I have an image to show...
  6. Do I lose anything when upgrading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I lose anything when upgrading: Hello, I am upgrading to Windows 11 and I'm wondering if I lose any data from upgrading. I have a lot of Minecraft and other game data that I don't wanna lose. Will I lose anything once the upgrade is complete? As that matter even create a Windows.old? I have an image to show...
  7. Do I lose anything when upgrading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I install an application in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I install an application in File Explorer?: I need to know. submitted by /u/Life_Leather5051 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky9uge/how_do_i_install_an_application_in_file_explorer/
  9. How do I re-install Windows 10, without losing my files or apps

How do I re-install Windows 10, without losing my files or apps: A while back, I ran something to 'debloat' Windows 10. I don't like the changes I made and I wanna go back. Need a quick answer: How do I re-install Windows 10 without losing my files or apps? Do I have to download Windows again? submitted by /u/neonnofficial [link]...
  10. Installing a different version of windows 10

Installing a different version of windows 10: I currently have a Windows 10 Home from a USB and i wanted to get rid of the activate windows watermark. However, everything i tried doesn't work, cmd and a run.bat doesnt work. I decided just to reinstall Windows but instead Windows 10 Pro. Im only concerned if i try to...