Windows 10: Do I need a credit card to redeem a gift code and buy an app?

Discus and support Do I need a credit card to redeem a gift code and buy an app? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Do I need a credit card to redeem a gift code and buy an app in the Microsoft Store? My credit card doesn't want to get approved so I instead want to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FK97, Feb 5, 2021.

1. FK97 Win User

Do I need a credit card to redeem a gift code and buy an app?

Do I need a credit card to redeem a gift code and buy an app in the Microsoft Store? My credit card doesn't want to get approved so I instead want to use a gift code.

:)

FK97, Feb 5, 2021

2. Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card

No, I wouldn't imagine you need a debit or credit card to redeem a gift card code. It should just put the money non your account/you just redeem with the gift card.

Zackary Vanosdol, Feb 5, 2021
  3. About Redeeming Gift Card

So I redeemed my gift card online, and once I enter Windows Store on my Windows 10 Device, it tells me to either redeem a code, use a mobile number, use a PayPal card or a credit card! How could this be happening? I literally spent money on my gift card
    then it tells me to redeem another gift card!

SneakySneakyNinja, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Timmis15 Win User

Buying with gift cards

I have a question about gift cards. On the buy a gift card web page there's a question that reads "are there any limits to the amount of gift card value that can be spent per day?

Yes, you can redeem gift cards to your Microsoft account of up to a total of AU$1,000 on any given day"

Does that mean on one day I can add $1000 to my account and then the next day I can add another $1000 to make $2000? or is it that I can only use $1000 of gifts cards then use a debit or credit card for the rest of
    the cost of the device I want to purchase.

Tim.

Timmis15, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Do I need a credit card to redeem a gift code and buy an app? - Similar Threads - need credit card

2. GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM: I bought rocket league rocketeer pack for PC from India. I redeemed the code in Redeem Code page in Microsoft and it told that my pack is ready. I launched Rocket league via Epic Games in which I was logged in to the same account as in the Microsoft redeem page. But now, I...
  3. GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GIFT CARD CODE REDEEM PROBLEM: I bought rocket league rocketeer pack for PC from India. I redeemed the code in Redeem Code page in Microsoft and it told that my pack is ready. I launched Rocket league via Epic Games in which I was logged in to the same account as in the Microsoft redeem page. But now, I...
  4. How do I redeem the code for a microsoft gift card?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I redeem the code for a microsoft gift card?: How do I get the Microsoft gift card code for the Microsoft gift card?Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-redeem-the-code-for-a-microsoft-gift-card/4645686d-d120-4e7a-993b-a26954202189
  5. How do I redeem the code for a microsoft gift card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I redeem the code for a microsoft gift card?: How do I get the Microsoft gift card code for the Microsoft gift card?Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-redeem-the-code-for-a-microsoft-gift-card/4645686d-d120-4e7a-993b-a26954202189
  6. How do I redeem the code for a microsoft gift card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Gift card not redeeming!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gift card not redeeming!: I'm trying to redeem my gift card but the thing keeps saying "PUR-UnknownExternalError and wait a bit" i'm confused on what to do. Really need some help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gift-card-not-redeeming/0b160ce1-142a-466f-a6bd-f4c8ae35bf55
  8. Buying with gift card.

Buying with gift card.: I got a gift card for $10.00 USD. But I realized I cannot buy anything that I want with it. I am wondering if I could buy a gift card with that money and give it to my friend who can actually use it?...
  9. Buying with gift cards

Buying with gift cards: I have a question about gift cards. On the buy a gift card web page there's a question that reads "are there any limits to the amount of gift card value that can be spent per day? Yes, you can redeem gift cards to your Microsoft account of up to a total of AU$1,000 on any...
  10. Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card

Does it take a card as in debit or credit to redeem a gift card: I'm worried just incase I get one cause I don't have debit or credit so I was gonna cheat the system and get one put in the code and get the money on my account...