Windows 10: Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc

Discus and support Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently wanted to reinstall my Nvidia gpu because if that my Windows crashes and the start-up dots start at the exact same position every boot, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maxelino, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc

I recently wanted to reinstall my Nvidia gpu because if that my Windows crashes and the start-up dots start at the exact same position every boot, now I would try to reset it either keeping personal files or fully resetting it, I have no access to my license or Windows cd anymore. Anyone knows a fix without resetting for this issue ?

submitted by /u/Maxelino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maxelino, Apr 7, 2020

2. I lost the Windows DVD Player app after I Reset this PC in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to re-install the Windows DVD player app?
    • Have you tried to install the KB update for DVD player app?

I would like to inform that if you perform Reset on your PC, it:

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Hence, you will have to install all the updates and apps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install the KB3081704 update for DVD player app if not yet tried and check
    if it helps.

For more information refer to: Windows DVD Player

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 7, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc

I lost the Windows DVD Player app after I Reset this PC in Windows 10

People with this problem cannot download KB3081704 because we had to Reset our Windows installation; doing that erased all our old files and apps. Even though we were eligible for the Windows DVD player because we upgraded from an eligible version of Windows
    7 or 8, after Reset our free copy of the Windows DCD player has been deleted. And now Windows Update no longer offers us the ability to download a new copy of KB3081704.

arthur.dent, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc

1. Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc - Similar Threads - need license dvd

2. Do I need to reset my PC after visiting a website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to reset my PC after visiting a website?: Hello all,I visited a website earlier today www.processchecker.com and didn’t download anything but I am worried that the site isn’t legitimate. Can you get malware from a website without downloading anything? I did a full security scan with Windows Security and it didn’t...
  3. Do I need to reset my PC after visiting a website?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to reset my PC after visiting a website?: Hello all,I visited a website earlier today www.processchecker.com and didn’t download anything but I am worried that the site isn’t legitimate. Can you get malware from a website without downloading anything? I did a full security scan with Windows Security and it didn’t...
  4. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need a new license on a new PC?: I've been putting new PC together for some time and I would like to know if I have to buy new w10 license. The one I'm using currently is nearly 12 y/o and the Windows 10 Pro was installed at later time during servicing. I do not have the physical serial number, no number...
  5. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a new license on a new PC?: I've been putting new PC together for some time and I would like to know if I have to buy new w10 license. The one I'm using currently is nearly 12 y/o and the Windows 10 Pro was installed at later time during servicing. I do not have the physical serial number, no number...
  6. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How much do I need to reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How much do I need to reset my pc?: How much time is needed to reset pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-do-i-need-to-reset-my-pc/7cfb2b9e-6875-4834-a02b-aed73c103d4a
  8. Do I need to reset my PC?

Do I need to reset my PC?: Hello dear good question forum, short and sweet: I was annoyed a few minutes ago by the fact that I constantly have to type my password into my lock screen. So after a short googling with "netplwiz" I unchecked the box above and so I thought I'd remove the password and...
  9. I need to reset my PC.

I need to reset my PC.: I need to reset my PC by erasing all files from drive C but keeping other drives safe. What is data erasure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-pc/9184a4b6-1fa4-4905-a9d2-6c0c796ae8f3
  10. Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?: Hello I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a while back ago and I'm curious if I would need to reactivate my Windows 10 license key if I remove everything & start from scratch? [ATTACH]...