Windows 10: Do I need a new card?

Discus and support Do I need a new card? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I currently have an MSI GeForce GTX 970 that I think is dying. I am getting a lot of flicker when I am playing Borderlands 3 and its mostly when lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TheNamelessPoet, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Do I need a new card?

I currently have an MSI GeForce GTX 970 that I think is dying. I am getting a lot of flicker when I am playing Borderlands 3 and its mostly when lots of stuff is going on. I tried re-seating the card thinking maybe that was it, but it did not help.

I have had it for years now, and I also at one point was using it to see about mining for bitcoin (probably less than a month) a few years ago. If I were to replace it, I don't need to go up very much in quality, but I DO need 4K support and...

Do I need a new card?

TheNamelessPoet, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Nov 26, 2019
  3. what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink Do I need a new card? ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, Nov 26, 2019
  4. popsean Win User

Do I need a new card?

Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Do I need a new card?

1. Do I need a new card? - Similar Threads - need card

2. Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused...: This problem had almost plagued me for a month now, and I still had yet to get a conclusion on my situation. This is my 3rd time writing to answers.microsoft.com, and I really hope this time I can get a conclusion to the problem I am facing. I am very frustrated...
  3. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed: I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes everything way to small for my old eyes to see. What I need advice on, since it's obviously been awhile since I've purchased a new...
  4. Do I need a different graphics card to use with Sketch Pro 2020

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I need a different graphics card to use with Sketch Pro 2020: I have a Dell XPS with dual monitors and Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The Dell is equipped with a NiVidia Ge Force GT1030 graphics card and an Intel UHD Graphics 630. I am about to upgrade my Sketchup from Sketchup Make (free) to the new Sketch Pro 2020. Do I need to upgrade...
  5. Changing amount of graphics card ram. I need some help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing amount of graphics card ram. I need some help: Ok, so, my laptop is a toshiba satellite, self refurbished to widows ten. It has no upgrades available except from 4gb ram to 8gb and from hdd to ssd. I know the hdd wil not increase gaming fps, but will increacing my integrated graphics card vram/ram do it? The last time...
  6. need to change credit card

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to change credit card: Please tell me how to change my credit card! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-credit-card/5dc21b50-5d79-4484-b47e-d378e16c4269
  7. I need help with a problem with my AMD graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with a problem with my AMD graphic card: Hello everyone. Processor Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell 3,40Ghz Socket 1150 LGA Mainboard: Asustek computers, H81M-K Memory: DDR3,16G GPU:Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 380 DDR5, 4G OS: Windows 10 About 2 days ago All started suddenly with a total freez of my PC while I...
  8. Can I sell greetings cards using Microsoft supplied fonts? Do I need a license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I sell greetings cards using Microsoft supplied fonts? Do I need a license?: Hi, I'm finding lots of conflicting information online about whether I can use Microsoft/Windows supplied fonts in greetings cards. This link below shows FAQ's in regards to font redistribution. I read from this that as long as I am using a programme licensed for...
  9. Can I sell greetings cards on Etsy using Microsoft supplied fonts? Do I need a license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I sell greetings cards on Etsy using Microsoft supplied fonts? Do I need a license?: Hi, I'm finding lots of conflicting information online about whether I can use Microsoft/Windows supplied fonts in greetings cards that I sell. This link below shows FAQ's in regards to font redistribution. I read from this that as long as I am using a programme licensed...
  10. Upgrade failure I think NVIDIA GTX 260 Card error - may the drivers needed update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade failure I think NVIDIA GTX 260 Card error - may the drivers needed update: Upgrade failure I think NVIDIA GTX 260 Card error - may the drivers needed update I retried Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro --- failed for second time I think NVIDIA Card error - may the drivers needed update see screenshots - in series which appear in...