Windows 10: Do I need a new card?

Discus and support Do I need a new card? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I currently have an MSI GeForce GTX 970 that I think is dying. I am getting a lot of flicker when I am playing Borderlands 3 and its mostly when lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TheNamelessPoet, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Do I need a new card?

I currently have an MSI GeForce GTX 970 that I think is dying. I am getting a lot of flicker when I am playing Borderlands 3 and its mostly when lots of stuff is going on. I tried re-seating the card thinking maybe that was it, but it did not help.

I have had it for years now, and I also at one point was using it to see about mining for bitcoin (probably less than a month) a few years ago. If I were to replace it, I don't need to go up very much in quality, but I DO need 4K support and...

Do I need a new card?

TheNamelessPoet, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Shuyin03 Win User

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Nov 26, 2019
  3. what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink Do I need a new card? ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, Nov 26, 2019
  4. popsean Win User

Do I need a new card?

Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Do I need a new card?

1. Do I need a new card? - Similar Threads - need card

2. I need a big help! Video card Error!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need a big help! Video card Error!: I gave the reinstall to Windows 10 and it gives me error to the video card and I do not know what to do... I used and DDU for the driver to make it go but it does not work... I got the driver from Nvidia on the site specifically for my video card but just going to change my...
  3. Blue Screen Graphic Driver/card Crash 4101 need to force quit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Graphic Driver/card Crash 4101 need to force quit: Det gick inte att starta bildskärmsdrivrutinen. Microsofts grundläggande bildskärmsdrivrutin används i stället. Se om det finns en nyare bildskärmsdrivrutin på Windows Update. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  4. need help with my minecraft windows 10 redeem card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    need help with my minecraft windows 10 redeem card: I wanted to play with my friend on his phone so I was gonna redeem my Minecraft windows 10 edition because those are both bedrock, and it said it was already redeemed, so i checked my other microsoft accounts and none of them worked, is there a way to check who redeemed it?...
  5. video card needs update

video card needs update: My screen saver will not work it says video card needs updating. Windows update says I am up to date. And Troubleshoot can not find a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-needs-update/182f43f4-7dab-4982-95d6-49a6a7f3c359
  6. Need help installing video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help installing video card: HP Pavillion P7-1110, intel i-3, 8g ram, upgraded PSU to 430w, upgraded to latest win10 (v.1903), ACER SA-230 monitor. I recently felt the need to install a video card to speed up slow re-draws in a CAD program. I don't game. Bought a GIGABYTE GEOFORCE GT-1030 from Amazon....
  7. Integrated or Dedicated Graphics card – Which do I need?

in Windows 10 News
    Integrated or Dedicated Graphics card – Which do I need?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This post aims to assist you in deciding which type of graphics card to use. The difference between Dedicated and Integrated Graphics cards may be small, but using a dedicated graphics card greatly improves real-time graphics experience. You should be [...]...
  8. Need to just use normal desktop view and deactivate the card app thing on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to just use normal desktop view and deactivate the card app thing on windows 10: why are all questions locked! I just want to get normal desktop view and deactivate the card app thing on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-just-use-normal-desktop-view-and/69e68857-0b9c-4c14-a0fa-0234c9176759
  9. I have to buy one of these cards and need some information.

I have to buy one of these cards and need some information.: hey all i need to buy a new one of these because I busted mine fitting some upgrades [ATTACH] Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 Card 3165NGW Wifi Bluetooth Module 802.11AC I need some info on what the numbers mean. on the circuit board at the bottom in the...
  10. I have to buy one of these cards and need some information.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have to buy one of these cards and need some information.: hey all i need to buy a new one of these because I busted mine fitting some upgrades [ATTACH] Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 Card 3165NGW Wifi Bluetooth Module 802.11AC I need some info on what the numbers mean. on the circuit board at the bottom in the...