Windows 10: do I need a new pc

Discus and support do I need a new pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP8200 destop and a Lenovo X201 Laptop and am in the process of upgrading from W7 Pro to W10 Pro on each of them. I use Avira AV. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dowsy, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Dowsy Win User

do I need a new pc

Hi, I have a HP8200 destop and a Lenovo X201 Laptop and am in the process of upgrading from W7 Pro to W10 Pro on each of them. I use Avira AV.

I've done my desktop first (latest version of W10) and installed office 2019.

I have killed as much spyware in W10 as I can as all I want is a smooth pc running office and firefox and photo editing software that's about it.

ok - W10 is not as fast as W7 to boot...I can live with that. What I hate is outlook is slow and I often get the message in outlook that it is not responding as its freezes and after a while wakes up again.
    Sometimes its usuable but slow compared to W7 and office 16 and they never froze.

I'm thinking of installing office 2016 to see if its office or is it W10?

I am even thinking of buying a new destop and laptop...but which intel processor?

It just seems that W10 is just - well not awake... compared to W7 or doing something like calling home or something.

I've given up on W10 photo viewer as its so slow and installed xnview which works perfectly.

I like the functionality of Outlook but even thinking of Thunderbird or eM client or Mailbird as outlook is so slow.

So is it my old hardware or do even the latest computers find outlook and phot slow?

To be fair I keeps years of emails is annual pst files and I load them all...but W7 never had any issues with this?

I've even tried Applemac and linux but I must admit I prefer Windows but I find W10 so far Windoz10.

Any advice appreciated.

:)

Dowsy, Dec 4, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 4, 2019
  4. do I need a new pc

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

do I need a new pc

1. do I need a new pc - Similar Threads - need

2. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  3. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  4. i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt: Hello i used the mbr2gpt and it told me that it was succesful and it said to switch to UEFI.Then i went to the bios and changed 2 options from legacy to UEFI ONLY i chganged storage boot managment option control and other pci devises.But when i saved them i couldnt go to...
  5. i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt

i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt: Hello i used the mbr2gpt and it told me that it was succesful and it said to switch to UEFI.Then i went to the bios and changed 2 options from legacy to UEFI ONLY i chganged storage boot managment option control and other pci devises.But when i saved them i couldnt go to...
  6. Fortnite bluescreening and need to know how to fix this!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite bluescreening and need to know how to fix this!: FORTNITE bluescreening everytime, I play the game for maybe 3 minutes then blue screens! I’ve tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fortnite-bluescreening-and-need-to-know-how-to-fix/a993074d-8508-4850-ba88-ace7b2654a04
  7. Fortnite bluescreening and need to know how to fix this!

Fortnite bluescreening and need to know how to fix this!: FORTNITE bluescreening everytime, I play the game for maybe 3 minutes then blue screens! I’ve tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fortnite-bluescreening-and-need-to-know-how-to-fix/a993074d-8508-4850-ba88-ace7b2654a04
  8. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  9. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

Unable to sign into windows —need new password: Windows not accepting password.. need new password to get into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-windows-need-new-password/7d7aebc9-c92f-4538-8149-6abcc10c2d08
  10. Unable to sign into windows —need new password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade