Windows 10: Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board?

Discus and support Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to buy an 8th gen i7 and my current motherboard only supports up to 7th so I need to get a new one. So the question is...do I need to spend 200... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pete54889, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Pete54889 Win User

Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board?

I want to buy an 8th gen i7 and my current motherboard only supports up to 7th so I need to get a new one. So the question is...do I need to spend 200 dollars on a new windows?

:)

Pete54889, Aug 7, 2018

2. Replacing Mother Board

I need to replace my mother board. I have purchased the identical replacement. I want replace the mother board and use the same old Processor. Processor is i7 6700K and the motherboard is ASUS Z170. Is it possible to replace the Mother board without re installing
    the Windows and software.

Thank you

Franklin Silva

Silvafranklin, Aug 7, 2018
  3. reinstalling windows 10 after a new hdd & mother board replacement

hi i had to have my mother board and hdd replaced in my lap top , how do i reinstall windows 10 ,from what ive read the product key was on my old mother board ,if i try and reinstall 10 it wont install due to not finding the key ,i may have read it
    wrong ,any help be very appreciated dont want to spend couple hrs on it for nothing ,atm the hdd hase a legal copy of windows 7 home preomium installed

richyst204, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board?

New Mother Board Windows No Longer Active Do Not Have Key

I recently upgrade my computer and purchased a new mother board to replace my old one. I started the computer up and my windows 10 is no longer activated, I do not have the key to re-register windows. The trouble shooter did not help either.

CarsonRinghofer, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board?

1. Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board? - Similar Threads - need key replace

2. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  3. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  4. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How do i see my mother board model

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i see my mother board model: Here is the info I dont know how to find the exact model since im trying to upgrade but font know the compatibility's of the mother board so i need to know the model to search it up...
  6. How do i see my mother board model

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i see my mother board model: Here is the info I dont know how to find the exact model since im trying to upgrade but font know the compatibility's of the mother board so i need to know the model to search it up...
  7. Replaced Mother Board and Win10 reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replaced Mother Board and Win10 reinstall.: Just install a new MSI Z390A Pro motherboard. New ram 2x8GB DDR4. NIVIDIA Dual RTX 2070 graphics card. Using Samsung Digital Hard Drive 250 GB. Install new WIN 10 Pro let it set up system including hard drive. Installed driver for video card from NIVIDIAS. Installed network...
  8. Activate Windows 10 after I replaced a dead mother board?

Activate Windows 10 after I replaced a dead mother board?: How can I activate Windows 10 after I replaced a dead mother board? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-10-after-i-replaced-a-dead-mother/c06b53e5-78d3-433f-9de1-5e8befe50d2e
  9. Upgrading to a new mother board

Upgrading to a new mother board: I purchased a prebuilt gaming PC.. I am going to be upgrading to a RTX 2080ti and adding more ram to it. eventually I am going to Dual 2080ti but my motherboard only supports 1 video card ASUS Prime B450. I am going to purchase a new mother board that supports multiple GPU's....
  10. new mother board windows not activate

new mother board windows not activate: mother board replaced need activation code for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-mother-board-windows-not-activate/2beec7a1-fd69-4132-9246-f5543d98a055"