Windows 10: Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings?

Discus and support Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Question is in the title. I'm talking about the reset, which you can apparently now do with a head press under ''Security Settings''. PS. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rettousei, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Rettousei Win User

Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings?

Question is in the title. I'm talking about the reset, which you can apparently now do with a head press under ''Security Settings''.

PS. Windows 10

:)

Rettousei, Jun 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 7, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings?

Cannot remove stored Windows Security Passwords and User Name

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• Is your PC connected to Domain?
    I suggest you to try Optimizing the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

>> Follow the below images and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to delete the browsing history in General Tab
      and click Apply.

Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings? [​IMG]

• Then I suggest you to Reset the Security Zone Level or
      customize the Zone level
      in Security tab and click
      Apply

Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings? Javascript-Internet-Explorer-10-Internet-Options-Security-tab-Custom-Level-WindowsWally.png

• I suggest you to Clear SSL in the Content Tab
      and click Apply.

Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings? inetOpsContent.jpg

• I suggest you to Check all the SSL certificates
      in Advanced Tab and click Apply.

Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings? IEAdvanced.jpg

• Perform all the above steps and check if the same issue persists in Internet Explorer.
    Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings?

1. Do I need a new Windows license if I reset it via the security settings? - Similar Threads - need license reset

2. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need a new license on a new PC?: I've been putting new PC together for some time and I would like to know if I have to buy new w10 license. The one I'm using currently is nearly 12 y/o and the Windows 10 Pro was installed at later time during servicing. I do not have the physical serial number, no number...
  3. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a new license on a new PC?: I've been putting new PC together for some time and I would like to know if I have to buy new w10 license. The one I'm using currently is nearly 12 y/o and the Windows 10 Pro was installed at later time during servicing. I do not have the physical serial number, no number...
  4. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?

Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?: My Windows 10 got upgraded to Windows 11. However, I'm experiencing some lagging issues and I would like to revert to Windows 10.It's been more than 10 days already.The option I think I have now is to reimage the laptop and make a fresh installation of Windows 10.My question...
  6. Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?: My Windows 10 got upgraded to Windows 11. However, I'm experiencing some lagging issues and I would like to revert to Windows 10.It's been more than 10 days already.The option I think I have now is to reimage the laptop and make a fresh installation of Windows 10.My question...
  7. Degrading to Windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Will I need a new windows 10 license ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need a new windows 10 license ?: Hello guys, I'm changing my motherboard,cpu and ram soon and I was wondering if I'm going to need a new license for that or if I can just sign in with my existing account. I'm keeping my old hdd. submitted by /u/HacktasticGuard [link] [comments]...
  9. do i need a license key to install windows 10 via usb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    do i need a license key to install windows 10 via usb?: i own windows 10 however am wondering if i will require the key to be able to use it when i reinstall via a usb - as i have lost the key a long time ago submitted by /u/Hoenn-Hero [link] [comments]...
  10. Do I need a new License?

Do I need a new License?: I purchased my spouse a new chassis for their computer. While moving the components over I put a pretty nice gouge in the motherboard. Unfortunately it will not boot not surprised after testing all of the components. It is an older motherboard/chip so I decided it is time for...