Windows 10: Do I need a Product Key downloading Windows 8.1 ISO?

Discus and support Do I need a Product Key downloading Windows 8.1 ISO? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop came with Windows 10 Home installed on the computer, it slows down what I need for online school. If I download Windows 8.1 ISO, Will I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sanriokid, Feb 10, 2021.

1. sanriokid Win User

Do I need a Product Key downloading Windows 8.1 ISO?

My laptop came with Windows 10 Home installed on the computer, it slows down what I need for online school. If I download Windows 8.1 ISO, Will I need a product key?

:)

sanriokid, Feb 10, 2021
  2. RandelA Win User

Legally download Windows 7 and 8

I have a product key that is genuine, is this a retail key? I got it free from my university's dreamspark. If so, I could do a clean install with an upgrade disc (provided at microsoft's site) without any extra steps such as registry editing, etc etc.. ?

RandelA, Feb 10, 2021
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Windows 8 Clubhouse

I don't think that tool asks for a key if you are running the version of Windows you are trying to download the ISO for.

FX-GMC, Feb 10, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Legally download Windows 7 and 8

With Windows 8, the ISO you download allows you to boot and do a fresh install. However, it won't activate properly after doing this, there is a registry key that you need to change and a command you have to run after it is installed to get it to activate. Just google for "How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 8 with an Upgrade Disc". However, this only applies if you have an Upgrade key, if you are using an OEM key or a Retail key you can do a fresh install using the ISO provided without any extra steps.

newtekie1, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Do I need a Product Key downloading Windows 8.1 ISO? - Similar Threads - need Product Key

2. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  3. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  4. Windows 8 Recovery Files/ISO and Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Recovery Files/ISO and Product Key: I am Trying to install recover and re-install Windows 8 onan older PC...I have no product keyYes,it was purchased from DELL....it's legit,haha}....Ialsoneed the recovery media/ISO reinstaller...The IISO download tool is "No Longer Available " at Microsoft Store....HELP ...In...
  5. Windows 8 Recovery Files/ISO and Product Key

Windows 8 Recovery Files/ISO and Product Key: I am Trying to install recover and re-install Windows 8 onan older PC...I have no product keyYes,it was purchased from DELL....it's legit,haha}....Ialsoneed the recovery media/ISO reinstaller...The IISO download tool is "No Longer Available " at Microsoft Store....HELP ...In...
  6. Need product key of windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need product key of windows 8: Hi Team, I have my personal Laptop with Windows 8 Pre-installed in it and I would like to know the Windows 8 Key of it for re-installing. I would like to perform an update via boot, so need the key. Please help me with the key and find the details below:Product ID --...
  7. Need product key of windows 8

Need product key of windows 8: Hi Team, I have my personal Laptop with Windows 8 Pre-installed in it and I would like to know the Windows 8 Key of it for re-installing. I would like to perform an update via boot, so need the key. Please help me with the key and find the details below:Product ID --...
  8. Need Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Windows 8 Product Key: I bought a laptop with Windows 8 I reimaged to linux. I am looking to go back to Windows 8 since I bought with Windows 8 can I get my Product Key or a New key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-windows-8-product-key/03157af5-6363-463b-9843-98362f1ea03c
  9. Need Windows 8 Product Key

Need Windows 8 Product Key: I bought a laptop with Windows 8 I reimaged to linux. I am looking to go back to Windows 8 since I bought with Windows 8 can I get my Product Key or a New key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-windows-8-product-key/03157af5-6363-463b-9843-98362f1ea03c
  10. ISO file downloaded, but no product key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    ISO file downloaded, but no product key.: I Downloaded a windows 10 64-bit iso file and changed my computer from mac to windows. I try to activate it but I do not know the product key. I downloaded the iso file from the Microsoft website. in the settings, it says I'm supposed to have a product key, but I never...