Windows 10: Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb?

Discus and support Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to delete everything and perform a clean reinstall with a usb stick, where I also want to install windows on a new drive. Do I need to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cryks37, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb?

I want to delete everything and perform a clean reinstall with a usb stick, where I also want to install windows on a new drive.

Do I need to activate windows again after the reintallation? Do I need any product keys? Or will that be handled automatically ?

submitted by /u/cryks37
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cryks37, Jul 4, 2020

2. What do I do if Windows 10 installer won't accept my product key?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

• How did you install Windows 10 from ISO (Clean install/Custom install)?
    If you are performing custom install it will not ask for the product key. if you are performing the clean install, then you will not be able to use Windows 7 or 8.1 product key. you need to install Windows 7, install SP1 and upgrade to Windows 10.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb?

I am planning a clean Windows 10 installation. So do I need a new product key or can I use the existing Windows 7 product key???

Original title: Windows 10

I am planning a clean Windows 10 installation. So do I need a new product key or can I use the existing Windows 7

product key???

Mohamed Kunjumoidu, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb?

1. Do I need a product key when I do a clean windows 10 resinstallation with usb? - Similar Threads - need product key

2. Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...: Hi!I just figure out that I'm using the win 10 pro volume version. It recently had a problem in updating to the new version I did run the troubleshooting and tried a manual update from assistant and it doesn't work, I can't download apps from the store too.I had a win 10 home...
  3. Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...: Hi!I just figure out that I'm using the win 10 pro volume version. It recently had a problem in updating to the new version I did run the troubleshooting and tried a manual update from assistant and it doesn't work, I can't download apps from the store too.I had a win 10 home...
  4. do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade: I have windows 11 21H1 on my pc. I want to upgrade to 22H2 but I couldn't download it on settings. I have tried a lot of things. I used the troubleshooting tool twice. And I used Media Creation Tool. But none of them work. So I will use In-place upgrade. After I upgrade it do...
  5. do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade: I have windows 11 21H1 on my pc. I want to upgrade to 22H2 but I couldn't download it on settings. I have tried a lot of things. I used the troubleshooting tool twice. And I used Media Creation Tool. But none of them work. So I will use In-place upgrade. After I upgrade it do...
  6. Do you need a product key ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do you need a product key ?: If you need Windows 10 keys, contact me. I can give you link/Otherwise email you to buy Windows 10 license keys for low prices. Windows 10 PRO OEM for 1 PCLifetime - $25 Windows 10 PRO OEM for 2 PCLifetime - $40 Windows 10 HOME CD key for 1 PCLifetime - $25 Windows...
  7. Do I need to buy a new product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to buy a new product key?: I recently built a new PC, and need to activate windows on this new one. A friend of mine told me I could contact support and have them give me a product key, but I couldnt find any info on it. Do I need to buy a new one or can I get a free one? -The last PC I had was...
  8. Do I need the Windows Key when resetting?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I need the Windows Key when resetting?: I need when I'm under: Settings -> Updates and Security -> Restore -> Reset this PC -> Keep your own files reset the PC, the Windows key? Please only answer that are 100% sure. Because otherwise I have a really big problem XD [ATTACH] (The top one of the...
  9. Do I need a Windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I need a Windows 10 key?: Hi, I just wanted to ask if I need a new Windows 10 key when I reset my entire pc. Brauch ich ein Windows 10 key?
  10. Do I just need a windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I just need a windows 10 product key?: I recently built a new pc and I am going to boot it soon when i boot it will it just ask for a windows 10 product key because I bought one already do I need anything else?...