Windows 10: Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?

Discus and support Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Do I still need a socket adapter like this File:Surge pro.JPG - Wikipedia if I already have whole house surge protection? 168508 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Takeshi18, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Takeshi18 Win User

Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?

Takeshi18, Nov 16, 2020

2. Error message "missing registry socket"

Hi Harry,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu and type
      cmd in the search box.
    • Right-click Command Prompt or cmd in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.
    • Reboot your computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps suggested by

Suvarna Govinda
    (replied on February 16, 2016) and check if it helps.

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further

Abdul_Malik, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Vodnet socket error

Hi Cherbc,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We understand your concern suggest you to perform the following methods and check:

Method 1:

Run the Network Troubleshooter and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Click on Start button and type
      Troubleshoot and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Network and Internet, click on
      Network Adapter..
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2:

Update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
      uninstall and re-install the Network Adapter drivers
      in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:
    • Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 16, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...? [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...? - Similar Threads - need socket adapter

2. Comouter says i need microsoft edge but i already have it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Comouter says i need microsoft edge but i already have it: Hi my computer wont let me download for ex disney plus bc it needs to download Microsoft edge, funny thing is its already on my computer and when i went to try to install it it says its not installed but wont let me install it. Im kinda confused how i can use it for a web...
  3. Comouter says i need microsoft edge but i already have it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comouter says i need microsoft edge but i already have it: Hi my computer wont let me download for ex disney plus bc it needs to download Microsoft edge, funny thing is its already on my computer and when i went to try to install it it says its not installed but wont let me install it. Im kinda confused how i can use it for a web...
  4. Comouter says i need microsoft edge but i already have it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It says I already have an account, but still says I need to activate it. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I already have an account, but still says I need to activate it. What do I do?: I am trying to activate Windows. It says I already have an account and I keep getting circular messages that get me nowhere. What do I do? I cannot loose my doctoral dissertation work, Help!...
  6. It says I already have an account, but still says I need to activate it. What do I do?

It says I already have an account, but still says I need to activate it. What do I do?: I am trying to activate Windows. It says I already have an account and I keep getting circular messages that get me nowhere. What do I do? I cannot loose my doctoral dissertation work, Help!...
  7. Why do I have to rebuy apps I already bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to rebuy apps I already bought?: I bought HumanJapanese a few years ago on the Microsoft store yet now that I want to download the app on my new laptop it is telling me to buy it again. Nowhere does it show that this app is on my profile. I feel as if I'm being robbed. How do I trust that if I play for this...
  8. Do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock Edition if I already have it on my iPhone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock Edition if I already have it on my iPhone?: I bought Minecraft on my iPhone a while ago and then I recently switched to a desktop pc. Now I can't play MC Bedrock edition without paying again. I logged into the Minecraft launcher with the account I use in my iPhone but it says I need to repurchase the game again to play...
  9. Do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock Edition if I already have it on my iPhone?

Do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock Edition if I already have it on my iPhone?: I bought Minecraft on my iPhone a while ago and then I recently switched to a desktop pc. Now I can't play MC Bedrock edition without paying again. I logged into the Minecraft launcher with the account I use in my iPhone but it says I need to repurchase the game again to play...
  10. How do i locate a game i already have installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i locate a game i already have installed: I just reset my pc but only on the windows drive not the one with my games i reinstalled the xbox app now is there any way for me to locate the app on my other drive or di o have to completely reinstall the game...