Windows 10: Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?

Discus and support Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Do I still need a socket adapter like this File:Surge pro.JPG - Wikipedia if I already have whole house surge protection? 168508 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Takeshi18, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Takeshi18 Win User

Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?

Takeshi18, Nov 16, 2020

2. Error message "missing registry socket"

Hi Harry,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu and type
      cmd in the search box.
    • Right-click Command Prompt or cmd in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.
    • Reboot your computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps suggested by

Suvarna Govinda
    (replied on February 16, 2016) and check if it helps.

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further

Abdul_Malik, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Vodnet socket error

Hi Cherbc,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We understand your concern suggest you to perform the following methods and check:

Method 1:

Run the Network Troubleshooter and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Click on Start button and type
      Troubleshoot and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Network and Internet, click on
      Network Adapter..
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2:

Update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
      uninstall and re-install the Network Adapter drivers
      in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:
    • Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 16, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...? [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...? - Similar Threads - need socket adapter

2. How do i locate a game i already have installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i locate a game i already have installed: I just reset my pc but only on the windows drive not the one with my games i reinstalled the xbox app now is there any way for me to locate the app on my other drive or di o have to completely reinstall the game...
  3. Will I have Windows 10 already?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will I have Windows 10 already?: I'm currently using a HP Pavillion Prebuilt. I'm going to build a pc and if I was to put my prebuilt pc's Harddrive on my new build pc, will it have WINDOWS 10?...
  4. I have error and the code is 0xc0000022 while troubleshoot it, I already do DISM,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have error and the code is 0xc0000022 while troubleshoot it, I already do DISM,...: I have error and the code is 0xc0000022 while troubleshoot it, I already do DISM, SFC/Scannow, Recovery reset this PC, none of those worked for me HELP ME :...
  5. hello, do i have to download the apps from the microsoft store ; which i have already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello, do i have to download the apps from the microsoft store ; which i have already...: i openeda new acoount and i dont get my apps which i installed on the other acoount, so , should i install them again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-do-i-have-to-download-the-apps-from-the/7d2816d9-0d1e-42d9-b83d-034d46128a32
  6. I already have Windows 10 on my laptop, do I need to buy I new code for my new pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I already have Windows 10 on my laptop, do I need to buy I new code for my new pc?: I'm think about building a new PC. I already have a laptop that has Windows 10 on it. I upgraded from a lower Windows version when it was free I was wondering If I have to buy a whole new key or not? Much Appreciated, Ben!...
  7. Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have to Activate a Windows 10 Key if I already own it?: submitted by /u/NikeESL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evodvg/why_do_i_have_to_activate_a_windows_10_key_if_i/
  8. How do I report a scam? I already have a case number.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I report a scam? I already have a case number.: How do I report a scam. I already have a case number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-report-a-scam-i-already-have-a-case/dc8865f7-223d-4cc5-b048-227e0630797b
  9. I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?: Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-do-i-need-mcafee/a79c61aa-faec-43be-a2dd-55bf443df762
  10. Have I already got 1511 10586?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Have I already got 1511 10586?: I already have Windows 10 on this old spare system and I can see the above in the update page but I'm not allowed to obtain it. Where can I check to see what build I have already installed please? Thanks. 46005