Windows 10: Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10?

Discus and support Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Apart from windows security, do I need a third party antivirus eg. - Quick Heal, Norton, avast, kapersky?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abhinav_17, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10?

Apart from windows security, do I need a third party antivirus eg. - Quick Heal, Norton, avast, kapersky?

:)

Abhinav_17, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Ṣmeed Win User

Antivirus software

-

Windows comes with in-built Windows Defender Antivirus.

You might want to read:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4099151/windows-security-help

especially:
    Stay protected with Windows Security

Also see:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4466972/windows-10-antivirus-and-antimalware-software-faq

Whether you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus or a third party product depends on your personal preferences.

No matter on what you decide, you might want to download and run occasional scans with on-demand scanners...

Suggest reading all of
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially:

Ṣmeed, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10?

Windows 10 17134.407 and third party antivirus software

Hi everyone :

Installed the latest CU 17134.407 with no issues, but Windows Defender got activated along my 3rd. party antivirus software (Norton Security 22.16.2.22). So I uninstalled Norton and then reinstalled it, so problem resolved.

So if you have a 3rd. party antivirus pay attention to that. *Smile*Smile*Smile

MiguelAngel10, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10?

1. Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10? - Similar Threads - need third party

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. Third-party antivirus and Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  5. Third party antivirus software become ineffective recently.

Third party antivirus software become ineffective recently.: I have been using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, free version, & SuperAntiSpyware, free version, for ten years. They run on demand only since they are free versions. My habit is : Turn my PC on, and then run SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes every morning. This clears up all...
  6. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  7. How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?: How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-microsoft-defenderafter-i-uninstalled/30952e86-ffb0-4793-a8a7-e5edb9456986
  8. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...
  9. 3rd party antivirus software

3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  10. Third party software installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...