Windows 10: Do I need all versions of my Windows Software Development Kit?

Discus and support Do I need all versions of my Windows Software Development Kit? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I saw another question on this, but it failed to actually answer the question. So I'm asking again. I've got four Windows Software Development Kits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davisdanielt, May 15, 2019.

1. Do I need all versions of my Windows Software Development Kit?

I saw another question on this, but it failed to actually answer the question. So I'm asking again.

I've got four Windows Software Development Kits listed in "Uninstall or Change Program". I had five, and removed the oldest. I use Visual Studio Community.

What purpose does keeping the older versions of the SDKs serve?

What reasons are there for *not* removing the old versions?

:)

davisdanielt, May 15, 2019
  2. scb2012 Win User

Windows Software Development Kit

Do I need all versions of my Windows Software Development Kit? I am in the Programs and Features dialog box in my Windows 10 Home Edition and I see the following versions of the kit:

10.0.10586.15 (6/30/2016)

10.0.10586.212 (8/26/2016)

10.0.26624 (6/30/2016)

Can I remove two of them? Perhaps it seems a silly question, but I do not like having things I do not need or use.

scb2012, May 15, 2019
  3. Joergi Win User
    Remove Windows Software Development Kit?

The Windows Software Development Kit contains headers, libraries and tools, which can be used to create Apps for Windows. It is not part of the Windows operating system itself and it is not needed to run Windows.

Joergi, May 15, 2019
  4. Do I need all versions of my Windows Software Development Kit?

DirectX Software Development Kit for Windows 10 x64

Where can i get DirectX Software Development Kit for Windows 10 x64

or the latest tools?

MuhdDzulhelmie, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Do I need all versions of my Windows Software Development Kit?

1. Do I need all versions of my Windows Software Development Kit? - Similar Threads - need versions Software

2. Development of innovative Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Development of innovative Software: My name is G.P and I’m a civil engineer. Over many years of heavy involvement in the Construction Industry and large scale Civil Engineering Projects both in Greece and abroad and the vast experience accumulated thereof, it was rendered possible to elaborate and develop such...
  3. Windows Development kit multiple instances are safe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Development kit multiple instances are safe?: Hi All,I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2.on my system apps it shows ...1. Windows Software Development Kit - Windows10.0.76299.15 = 1.99GB 2. Windows Software Development Kit - Windows10.0.17134.12 = 2.13GB 3. Windows Software Development Kit -...
  4. Windows 10 Software developer

Windows 10 Software developer: Hi There, i contracted an overseas freelance programmer to develop a windows application for me, he has done an excellent job and has delivered everything in the application which i asked for in around 130 hours. How can i be sure that when i install this app it doesn't have...
  5. Excess Apps? Do I need all these versions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excess Apps? Do I need all these versions?: Why are there so many installations of Microsoft Visual C+ + in my apps list? There are 19 on there now. What are these for and why are some of them showing dates of 2010 etc? I have 4 different instances of Vulcan Runtime Libraries in my app list. Do I need them all?...
  6. Software Development

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Software Development: Is somebody interested in forming a team to develop a new program ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-development/78aa33f7-402b-4124-b3ce-d8d845f7b41c"
  7. Intel IoT Developers Kit Permissions Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel IoT Developers Kit Permissions Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00173 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® IoT Developers Kit may allow escalation...
  8. Remove Windows Software Development Kit?

Remove Windows Software Development Kit?: Win 10. Found SDK, which occupies 2.46 G. I did not install it; maybe it came with some utility. Or is it a part of Windows 10 which must be there? I don't intend to develop any software for a while, so if it isn't needed for the system I'll get rid of it. 27261
  9. Windows 10 Software Development Kit (SDK) build 14383 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Software Development Kit (SDK) build 14383 now available: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14383 or greater). The Preview SDK is a pre-release and cannot be used in a production environment. Please only install the SDK on your test machine....
  10. Developers will receive Windows Holographic kits at GDC 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Developers will receive Windows Holographic kits at GDC 2017: In June 2016, Microsoft announced it would open Windows Holographic to all devices starting in 2017. It was followed in December by the announcement of the minimum specs required for the feature to work with Windows 10 PCs. This new feature and the respective set of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need windows software development kit

2. is windows software development kit necessary

3. windows software development kit do i need it

4. do i need all version of software development kit,
  5. do we need earlier versions of windows software developement kit?,
  6. do I need windows softare development kit,
  7. do i need all vesions of windows software development kit,
  8. windows phone development kit,
  9. windows software development kit which do I need,
  10. windows software development kit needed?