Windows 10: Do I need an installation media to reset Windows 10?

Discus and support Do I need an installation media to reset Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, My laptop came with windows 7 installed and last year I took the free update to windows 10, I want to clear everything of my laptop now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by farrellydavidso, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Do I need an installation media to reset Windows 10?

Hey guys,

My laptop came with windows 7 installed and last year I took the free update to windows 10, I want to clear everything of my laptop now, and I am just wondering if I reset the PC (Remove Everything Option) do I need a usb/cd to reinstall windows or will it just do it automatically?

:)

farrellydavidso, Sep 28, 2016

2. Do I need to switch to an iMac?

I am on a Mac right now trying to upgrade to OS X El Capitan and it keeps failing. Also, Office 2016 update keeps failing, in addition to updates for Firefox and Chrome. So the grass is not necessarily greener.

You can try updating manually:

Pre-requisite Task

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running: Windows
    XP
    , Windows Vista, Windows
    , Windows 8/8.1

Download the update manually:

• Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.
    • Restart a few times then try again.
    • Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader).
    • If you are using a SCSI hard disk, make sure you have drivers available for your storage device on a thumdrive and it is connected. During Windows 10 setup, click the Custom Advanced Option and use the Load Driver command to load the appropriate driver
      for the SCSI drive. If this does not work and setup still fails, consider switching to a IDE based hard disk.
    • Perform a clean boot, restart then try again.
    • If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both then attempt setup again.
    • If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi then proceed with the installation.
    • If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.
    • If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account.
    • If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).

Andre Da Costa, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    I need to do a factory reset, how do I save my programs, files etc. On Windows 10 pro. I can't connect to the internet.

To fix network connection problems in Windows 10, click on this
    link

You may also check this
    article
    to resolve Wi-Fi issues in Windows 10.

Keep us posted.

Ramon Imp, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Do I need an installation media to reset Windows 10?

The 'Reset this PC' option in Settings - Backup & Restore - Recovery should be able to do this without the need for any install media. See this tutorial: Reset Windows 10

Do I need an installation media to reset Windows 10? [​IMG]

Thema:

Do I need an installation media to reset Windows 10?

1. Do I need an installation media to reset Windows 10? - Similar Threads - need installation media

2. Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?: Any update installs just fine until the restart. Then it always stops at 7% and then says something didn't go as planned. Undoing the changes. I've tried everything aside from this....
  3. Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?: Any update installs just fine until the restart. Then it always stops at 7% and then says something didn't go as planned. Undoing the changes. I've tried everything aside from this....
  4. Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...: So I messed up the registry and I am back up files to another hdd. I am wondering if i need to pay for windows after i wipe my ssd and do a fresh install of windows. I have windows 10 home on my laptop. I am also wondering if i can get the pro verison.People online said that...
  5. Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...: So I messed up the registry and I am back up files to another hdd. I am wondering if i need to pay for windows after i wipe my ssd and do a fresh install of windows. I have windows 10 home on my laptop. I am also wondering if i can get the pro verison.People online said that...
  6. Do I need to reactivate windows 10 after I do a fresh install on SSD from media creator...

7. Do I I need an internet connection to run Windows Installation media?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I I need an internet connection to run Windows Installation media?: Created Installation USB on one laptop To run on another because user forgot password and cannot sign in only one user account exists. Cannot connect to wifi as a result....
  8. Do I need to factory reset or no?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to factory reset or no?: I got a notification saying that both my antivirus were turned off and so I did a scan and found threats but it didn't let me do the "start actions" so I contacted support and the person sent me a link that said "MSERT" and claimed it was an antivirus and I don't know if that...
  9. I Installed The Windows 10 SDK Do I need IT ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Installed The Windows 10 SDK Do I need IT ?: I Installed The Windows 10 SDK Do I need IT ? [img] 147599
  10. need to re-install window media player (10)

need to re-install window media player (10): need to re-install window media player (10),tks for your help Emile *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-re-install-window-media-player-10/c6e17ddd-09f9-4104-9c6a-31666b64ae58

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need installation media to do a reset on windows 10

2. windows reset needs installaion media

3. does windows 10 reset needs installation media

4. does reset pc need an installation media