Windows 10: Do I need an Window 10 update to play a DVD?

Discus and support Do I need an Window 10 update to play a DVD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I play a DVD on my lap top. The tech at Office Depot said that when there was an update it removed the dvd player:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeHeldmann, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Do I need an Window 10 update to play a DVD?

How can I play a DVD on my lap top. The tech at Office Depot said that when there was an update it removed the dvd player:

:)

JoeHeldmann, Mar 13, 2019

2. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Do I need an Window 10 update to play a DVD?

dvd will not play on Windows 10

Hello,

Usually, the issue with playing a Windows DVD Player to your device may arise due to the not updated operating system or your Windows DVD Player needs to be updated. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to get the following:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? If yes, tell us more about it.
    • What are the specific troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Are you getting any error message when attempting to use your Windows DVD Player? Kindly provide a screenshot.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Do I need an Window 10 update to play a DVD?

1. Do I need an Window 10 update to play a DVD? - Similar Threads - need Window update

2. How do I start playing a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I start playing a DVD?: How do I start playing a DVD mine won't start automaticly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-start-playing-a-dvd/f63d0110-29c3-4ea8-b640-f652f71cb5dd
  3. update of windows 10 cant burn dvd that will play on dvd player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update of windows 10 cant burn dvd that will play on dvd player: I updated my Window's 10, since that update my video's don't play right they are real slow, also I cant burn a dvd that will play in a dvd player, they will play on computer but not on a dvd player, ps4 etc....
  4. How do I Play DVD or Blu-ray Movies on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Play DVD or Blu-ray Movies on Windows 10?: Blu-ray on Windows 10? "So what's the best option for watching Blu-rays on Windows 10? I tried so many things but they didn't work (library for VLC, Leawo BluRay Player, etc), I really want a free alternative, since I don't want to pay for a program like POWERDVD to watch a...
  5. How do I open and play external dvd

How do I open and play external dvd: Installed external dvd player on Lenovo, but cannot get it to play? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-and-play-external-dvd/b0dcc27e-6159-4fa9-b49a-75a88243ab3b
  6. How do I play a dvd on my laptop with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I play a dvd on my laptop with windows 10?: How do I play a dvd on my laptop with windows 10? I downloaded VLC, but can't even get the dvd tray to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-a-dvd-on-my-laptop-with-windows-10/aa47b5f1-f174-4f54-b125-1c5411081027
  7. Do I need the DVD/CD to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need the DVD/CD to install Windows 10: I have a desktop computer that is pretty much blank and has a Linux operating system installed. I want to install Window 10, but wonder if I have to have the DVD/CD to do this or could I somehow install it by downloading the program? I have read that I need to uninstall...
  8. How do I play a DVD on my windows 10 computer?

How do I play a DVD on my windows 10 computer?: I signed up for free DVD player app but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-play-a-dvd-on-my-windows-10-computer/0dce5d82-beed-4666-a9b9-896069f31d05
  9. Playing DVD on Windows 10 - 1803 update blocking DVD files

Playing DVD on Windows 10 - 1803 update blocking DVD files: I used to play DVD films on Windows Media Player. Windows 10 is set to try and force us to use Film and TV instead of Windows Media player. I had successfully played DVD on the early versions of Windows 10 But since the 1803 update I am no longer able to play DVD films,...
  10. How do I play a DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I play a DVD?: How do I play a DVD in Windows 10 Do I have to purchase a media player or can I do it for Free? 23536