Windows 10: Do I need AVG virus

Discus and support Do I need AVG virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do I need AVG virus protection or does Defender do as good a job 178322 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by denvilledon, May 4, 2021.

1. Do I need AVG virus

Do I need AVG virus protection or does Defender do as good a job

:)

denvilledon, May 4, 2021

2. AVG

AVG has nothing to do with Microsoft and is not offered by Microsoft.

AVG got acquired by Avast.

Any questions about AVG products are best to be asked here:

Official AVG Support | Help with PC, Mac, & Mobile Products

or here:

AVG Support Community | User Forum for All AVG products

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, May 5, 2021
  3. RolandJS Win User
    Do I need AVG virus

Hey, Matt, I see that Avast ranked 6th, AVG ranked 8th in that one specific listing. Some time ago, during my Windows 95/98/98SE days, I used and was really impressed with both Avast and AVG (and Avira). I had to give them up because of some sort of DLL conflict generated by - I never knew what.
    Numerous sources indicate Windows 10 Windows Defender has really stepped up the plate! I guess the answer to OP's question can be: W10 WD is the way to go, just use AVG on-demand scan as 2nd opinion.

RolandJS, May 5, 2021
  4. Do I need AVG virus

AVG Zen and Error message 0xc0000005

Uninstalling the AVG management console (formerly known as AVG Zen)

Uninstalling the AVG management console (previously known as AVG Zen) | AVG

Uninstall the AVG management console

NOTE: Before uninstalling the AVG management console, you must first uninstall all AVG Products linked to your AVG management console by following steps in the section above.

Troubleshooting

1. If you experience issues uninstalling the AVG management console from your PC, try using
      AVG Clear or AVG Remover by following steps in the article below:
    2. If you are still unable to uninstall the AVG management console after following all steps in this article, contact

AVG Support

Bill Smithers, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Do I need AVG virus

1. Do I need AVG virus - Similar Threads - need AVG virus

2. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  3. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  4. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Do I need an Anti-Virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need an Anti-Virus?: I am an advanced user, and I don't like having Windows Defender. I like to use Malwarebytes, AVG, or similar. Should I install an AV, or am I fine without it? Edit: Also, it is a dualboot with Linux Mint 19.3 submitted by /u/Kitten622 [link] [comments]...
  6. Do I need Anti-Virus for Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need Anti-Virus for Windows 10?: Is window 10 Pro good without any Third Party Security like Norton 360? [Original Title: Windows Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-anti-virus-for-windows-10/b51d7a1f-cb30-4223-9ca4-dbd12ce05a29
  7. AVG free virus program, want it gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVG free virus program, want it gone: I have a free AVG virus program never activated on my windows 10 HP PC, I dont want it on there, but no matter what I do I can't get rid of it, please help Thank You william...
  8. Problem Removing Virus in AVG

Problem Removing Virus in AVG: My AVG scan indicated a infected file. I have attempted to resolve the issue but is is not removing it. It suggests that I move it to the virus chest. What will I have to do to move it to the virus chest? [Original Title: virus]...
  9. unable to start AVG free anti-virus program

unable to start AVG free anti-virus program: Have tried to uninstall it but cannot do this either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unable-to-start-avg-free-anti-virus-program/4cb46a2c-008e-4e22-87ee-071fbb8995fc"
  10. Rootkit Virus? Inline Hook Ntoskrnl.exe AVG

Rootkit Virus? Inline Hook Ntoskrnl.exe AVG: I basically downloaded the 1607 Windows update, the latest one. And one time, my AVG came up with 800 plus threats to do with a rootkit or something, and I think ntoskrnl.exe. I can't remember. Basically, the threats I think were hidden, and either way it couldn't delete...