Windows 10: Do I need Intel Rapid Technology running in the background?

Discus and support Do I need Intel Rapid Technology running in the background? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My system is as follows: OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 (19042.662) CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz BIOS: AMI v3505, 13-01-2017 (UEFI)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tfwul, May 8, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

Do I need Intel Rapid Technology running in the background?

My system is as follows: OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 (19042.662) CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz BIOS: AMI v3505, 13-01-2017 (UEFI) Motherboard: ASUS X99-DELUXE/3.1 Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2 Boot SSD: Samsung 850 Pro (512GB, SATA, AHCI Mode, Disk Cache Enabled) Locale: UK RAM: 32,0 GB Page File Space: 4,75 GB Page File: C:\pagefile.sys there is always this Intel Rapid Technology service running and displayed in the taskbar. This is for years already. Installed it myself, believing it would improve the overall performance. But, frankly speaking, I don't know whether it serves any purpose in my case: a single, non-RAID PC with a number of HDD's. It doesn't bother, but if it is of no use, then I might as well uninstall it. Appreciate views. Thanks.!

:)

tfwul, May 8, 2021

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the drivers are not updated properly.

I suggest to download the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from manufacturer’s website and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for D34010WY, D54250WY

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 8, 2021
  3. John Ado Win User
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Service is not running

Hi,

To help you with this, let's download the latest driver software from the manufacturer's website. Click

here
    to go to the site. After the latest driver is installed, let's run it in compatibility mode and check if the issue persist. Follow the steps

here

Share with us the results.

Best.

John Ado, May 8, 2021
  4. Do I need Intel Rapid Technology running in the background?

intel rapid storage technology problems

Hi Harish,

I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    max green
    on March 7, 2016, in the link below.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology in windows 10

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows 10, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Do I need Intel Rapid Technology running in the background?

1. Do I need Intel Rapid Technology running in the background? - Similar Threads - need Intel Rapid

2. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  3. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  4. Intel Rapid Storage Technology warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology warning: The warning 'your system is reporting one or more warnings, and data may be at risk' is being shown every time I turn on my Acer 5series. On opening the Intel RST and suppressing the SMART Event, the warning goes off, but comes back when I turn ON my system again....
  5. Intel Rapid Start Technology

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Rapid Start Technology: Hello to everyone. Can i turn off IRST from BIOS. What will give to me if I disable it? Will it affect to performance? I want clean install Windows 10 and use my 24GB SSD as a simple storage. My laptop is HP 17 EnvyJ015sr. There is no AHCI control mode on BIOS and I think...
  6. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.: Because of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, my (D:) drive is missing and become Recovery disk. I can't find my (D:) drive on my PC because of the array volume. How can I get my (D:) drive again?...
  7. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver: When i try to instal the driver from HP assistant it always fails to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/36432a2f-a9e6-467c-b7c8-13af2badac9f
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Application - Do I Need It?

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Application - Do I Need It?: I upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 last week. I have an Intel SSD system disk, a 2T hard drive for user files, an old 500Mb hard drive for miscellaneous backups and an external 2T USB hard drive for backups. I had Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST)...
  9. clean windows 10 ,do i need to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology?

clean windows 10 ,do i need to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology?: my OS is installed on SSD games and data installed on hdds I want to clean install windows 10 do I need to install Intel® Rapid Storage Technology ? if yes do I need first to install all of my motherboard drivers and then install Intel INF installation ? 62171
  10. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629