Windows 10: Do I need more than Windows Security?

Discus and support Do I need more than Windows Security? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am purchasing a new Dell i5 desktop. My last Dell aio had a problem with the device security page that could not be displayed. I had the warning for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimThompson#, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Do I need more than Windows Security?

I am purchasing a new Dell i5 desktop. My last Dell aio had a problem with the device security page that could not be displayed. I had the warning for this problem but after 5 tries with Microsoft support and 2 tries with Dell support I gave up. So just wanted to know if I should use something like McAfee or Vipre or is Windows security enough? Thanks for your help.

:)

JimThompson#, Oct 28, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 28, 2022
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 28, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Do I need more than Windows Security?

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

Do I need more than Windows Security?

1. Do I need more than Windows Security? - Similar Threads - need more Security

2. Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?: I had been using the Microsoft account to log into my PC until I noticed my email address was found in the dark Web and my airbnb account was hacked. I then changed my Microsoft account and email passwords and switched using the local account. But I'm confused. Even though I...
  3. Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?: I had been using the Microsoft account to log into my PC until I noticed my email address was found in the dark Web and my airbnb account was hacked. I then changed my Microsoft account and email passwords and switched using the local account. But I'm confused. Even though I...
  4. Laptop reset more than it needs to do.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop reset more than it needs to do.: I have an issue when my HP Windows 10 laptop has to reset, whether I get updates for it or not, when it does need to restart, I get the default background and all my downloads are deleted. What is the problem going on and what can I do to fix it?...
  5. More notifications than I have?!?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    More notifications than I have?!?!: Hello. Every time I get a notification its ok. Shows up normally and everything, but then when I look at the bottom right corner I see something like 99+. I then open it and see one notification. How can I solve this issue?...
  6. Game graphic problem for more than a week. I Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game graphic problem for more than a week. I Need help: Lately, i've installed the 425.31 version of the graphic driver from Nvidia. A week later my games, even the start menu, the NVIDIA GEFORCE Experience and the Nvidia control panel started to show some ''flickering'' I don't know how is this problem called, i could be...
  7. Do I need more security than Windows Defender offers??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need more security than Windows Defender offers??: I have an HP Pavillion with Windows 10. I had McAfee for a year until it recently expired. It is expensive and I want to know if I really need it. I am not a computer geek, quite naive actually. I do visit multiple sites a day, but have rarely ever download anything from...
  8. Why do I need to pay for more storage than I have on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I need to pay for more storage than I have on my laptop?: Syncing my device to OneDrive is the default option suggested by Microsoft at setup (it's an HP laptop running Windows 10). I am not especially tech-savvy, and the option was framed in a way that described OneDrive as protecting my files, and implied that they would be backed...
  9. Is Microsoft Internet Explorer more secure than Mozilla Firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Microsoft Internet Explorer more secure than Mozilla Firefox?: Recently I helped my brother procure a new laptop which he uses for work (as a physician) and personal stuff. To help him with some miscellaneous configuration tasks relating to his personal use, I installed Firefox; not really for him to use — he's already familiar with IE —...
  10. More than Windows Pro....

in Windows 10 Support
    More than Windows Pro....: hi guys, on my main machine, i have a start screen as was on Build 10240. But on the 3 others where Win 10 has been installed i get not the startscreen (when hitting the left corner) but the old fashion side menu one did one or two builds ago. Is this because...