Windows 10: Do I need new Recovery Drive and new ISO after Windows updates?

Discus and support Do I need new Recovery Drive and new ISO after Windows updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have made a Recovery Drive on a USB thumb drive. I have also made an ISO on DVD using MediaCreationTool. After windows updates, especially feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rufford155, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Do I need new Recovery Drive and new ISO after Windows updates?

I have made a Recovery Drive on a USB thumb drive.

I have also made an ISO on DVD using MediaCreationTool.

After windows updates, especially feature updates, do either or both of these need to be renewed ?

:)

rufford155, Dec 22, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Dec 22, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Do I need new Recovery Drive and new ISO after Windows updates?

Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Do I need new Recovery Drive and new ISO after Windows updates?

1. Do I need new Recovery Drive and new ISO after Windows updates? - Similar Threads - need Recovery Drive

2. Do I need a new license on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need a new license on a new PC?: I've been putting new PC together for some time and I would like to know if I have to buy new w10 license. The one I'm using currently is nearly 12 y/o and the Windows 10 Pro was installed at later time during servicing. I do not have the physical serial number, no number...
  3. Do I need to make a new USB recovery drive after 21H2 version installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to make a new USB recovery drive after 21H2 version installation?: Now that I have installed version 21H2 of Windows 10 to my laptop, should I make a new USB recovery drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-make-a-new-usb-recovery-drive-after/a3f0d236-8abb-4b1c-b9e3-80199166986f
  4. Do I need to make a new USB recovery drive after 21H2 version installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to make a new USB recovery drive after 21H2 version installation?: Now that I have installed version 21H2 of Windows 10 to my laptop, should I make a new USB recovery drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-make-a-new-usb-recovery-drive-after/a3f0d236-8abb-4b1c-b9e3-80199166986f
  5. Do I need to make a new USB recovery drive after 21H2 version installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Do I Need to Create a New Recovery Drive After Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I Need to Create a New Recovery Drive After Upgrade?: I just upgraded the storage in my LG laptop from a 256 GB SSD to a 1 TB SSD. However, I created my Windows 10 recovery drive when the 256 GB ssd was installed. Now that I have a 1 TB ssd in my laptop instead, do I have to create a new Windows 10 recovery drive for it, or is...
  7. Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?

Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?: I want to verify whether or not my understanding is correct. My current version is 2004. Newest pending version is October 2020 Update, version 20H2. After version 20H2 is installed I need to create a new bootable recovery flash drive. The new recovery drive must have...
  8. Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is new Windows 10 iso needed for each new version install?: I want to verify whether or not my understanding is correct. My current version is 2004. Newest pending version is October 2020 Update, version 20H2. After version 20H2 is installed I need to create a new bootable recovery flash drive. The new recovery drive must have...
  9. What dI I need to do after installing a new hard drive?

What dI I need to do after installing a new hard drive?: I have researched this but either the threads are very old or everyone has a different opinion. I am going from 500GB, 5400rpm to a 1TB, 7200rpm SATA HD. I don't have any installation disks as my laptop didn't come with any. I have upgraded to Windows 10 & I have made a...
  10. do i need to make new recovery media after upgrading to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    do i need to make new recovery media after upgrading to win 10: I upgrade to windows 10 after a month of it being out. I still have the windows 8.1 recovery media I made for my system do I need to make windows 10 recovery media for it? or will the windows 8.1 recovery media work and will I be able to re upgrade if I ever have to use it...