Windows 10: Do I need paid for anti-virus or can I use a free one?

Discus and support Do I need paid for anti-virus or can I use a free one? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do I need to buy anti virus or is a free one ok... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by confused beginner 53, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Do I need paid for anti-virus or can I use a free one?

Do I need to buy anti virus or is a free one ok

:)

confused beginner 53, Mar 31, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

WojtasRed, Mar 31, 2019
  3. SoFine409 Win User
    Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Hi Tsw88. While you will see that everyone has their favorite antivirus software, one especially effective step that you can take, in addition to antivirus software, is to make frequent backup images and store them off line so that if you are the victim of ransomware or virus that you will be able to restore your PC from the backup. Many people here use Macrium Reflect either the paid or free version and store the images on a NAS or a USB drive. This will also protect you from bad updates or accidental loss of files. If you don't already do this you really should look into this.

SoFine409, Mar 31, 2019
  4. JdPower Win User

Do I need paid for anti-virus or can I use a free one?

Free Kaspersky Anti Virus

^ Agree! avast is really nice anti-virus... I suggest anyone who doesn't have it dl it ASAP.

JdPower, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Do I need paid for anti-virus or can I use a free one?

1. Do I need paid for anti-virus or can I use a free one? - Similar Threads - need paid anti

2. Which free Anti-Virus is better? Because I restarted everything and a Anti-virus.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which free Anti-Virus is better? Because I restarted everything and a Anti-virus.: E submitted by /u/RatInRaider [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc3ztj/which_free_antivirus_is_better_because_i/
  3. Do I need an Anti-Virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need an Anti-Virus?: I am an advanced user, and I don't like having Windows Defender. I like to use Malwarebytes, AVG, or similar. Should I install an AV, or am I fine without it? Edit: Also, it is a dualboot with Linux Mint 19.3 submitted by /u/Kitten622 [link] [comments]...
  4. Do I need Anti-Virus for Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need Anti-Virus for Windows 10?: Is window 10 Pro good without any Third Party Security like Norton 360? [Original Title: Windows Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/do-i-need-anti-virus-for-windows-10/b51d7a1f-cb30-4223-9ca4-dbd12ce05a29
  5. Looking for Free Anti-Virus

Looking for Free Anti-Virus: Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover? [Original Title: free antivirus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/looking-for-free-anti-virus/d94a80f9-b74b-4ff2-9bbe-5f54d6106b66
  6. free anti virus program

free anti virus program: some time ago i asked about what were some free antivirus programs. and you pointed me to avast, and a few others. i did not jot then down and i did have them in a folder on a thumb drive, but i put that thumb into my netgear modem to use as a place to put these types of...
  7. What do use as anti virus?

in Windows 10 Support
    What do use as anti virus?: Im using Windows Defender as full antivirus and Malwarebytes (Free version) So far. I've never had a viruses malware on my computers. I started doing this since 2016-2017. Are paid antivirus products not worth it now? Back then i used to use Bitdefender and it was pretty...
  8. I need to unistall Avira Anti Virus..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to unistall Avira Anti Virus..: .I never installed it and can't find it on my computor..I see lots are having the same problem..updates won't complete till it is uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-unistall-avira-anti-virus/b580c6b6-556b-4090-a43c-ccb8e40e6bf9
  9. Free anti virus protection

Free anti virus protection: Hello, I need to know how to get your free anti virus protection on this laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_scanner-protect_scanning-windows_10/free-anti-virus-protection/18ed61d7-9071-4541-bd17-c905c3023dca
  10. Avira Free Anti virus

Avira Free Anti virus: A friend at work asked me have I ever used Avire Free Anti virus (he husband put it on her laptop) I said no but I can look at it, so installed and up to now I quite like it. I do know some Iffy sites so a little test and I will see how Avire handles it *Smile Avire UI and...