Windows 10: do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd?

Discus and support do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i know.. maybe it's a stupid question.... but do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd? i am on crucial mx300 ssd i bought an adata sx8200... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by realista87, Mar 11, 2019.

1. do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd?

i know.. maybe it's a stupid question.... but do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd?
    i am on crucial mx300 ssd i bought an adata sx8200 NVME and i don't know if at the next windows installation i have to download these drivers B350 Drivers Support | AMD

i suppose they are not needed because i have NO EXPERIENCE of raid hd setups but with 1 hd raid is not possible so these drivers should be useless for me. am i right?

:)

realista87, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 11, 2019
  3. MiekHawk Win User
    SB950 RAID DRIVER Preinstall Windows 10 ???

There are no raid drivers that work for any version of windows on the AMD SB950 raid controller, for SSDs.

AMD has known about this issue since 2013, but has done nothing about it.

Before Samsung released the EVO 850s, I did not realise this until I had already purchased a set of EVO 850 250gig SSDs. I am able to configure my raid array (Raid-0) & it is visible in BIOS. But Windows cannot see it, & the driver either fails to load,
    it isn't WHQL signed from Microsoft. Or the driver loads & the controller cannot allow it to be seen still.

Now on any Intel chipset from the P35 to the X99 chipset. The SSDs were visible. I've tested them. I just recently went to a newer AMD FX-8300, & also wanted to run these SSDs in Raid-0. Without success. I've been looking for any & all ways to get Raid to
    work on this controller. for about 2 months now.

MiekHawk, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd?

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd?

1. do i need RAID drivers (AMD) even if i only use 1 ssd? - Similar Threads - need RAID drivers

2. need to install the raid driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need to install the raid driver: need to reload the raid driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-install-the-raid-driver/879eeab2-e9b7-4e40-8c07-b8975bf44d86
  3. need to install the raid driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to install the raid driver: need to reload the raid driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-install-the-raid-driver/879eeab2-e9b7-4e40-8c07-b8975bf44d86
  4. need to install the raid driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  6. AMD Raid Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AMD Raid Issue: I have a laptop that came to my shop and the customer wanted to get it updated to the latest version of windows. Well, windows update didn't like the driver version. It was saying it was an AMD raid driver. It has an Intel i7 8th gen. I ran the AMD driver tool, but it...
  7. AMD Adrenalin Driver - Do I need dvrcmd.exe to Auto Start?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Adrenalin Driver - Do I need dvrcmd.exe to Auto Start?: Autoruns shows dvrcmd.exe is a task which runs at boot (see below). What does this do and can I safely disable it? \StartDVR AMD ReLive: Command Line Interface (Verified) Advanced Micro Devices c:\program files\amd\cnext\cnext\dvrcmd.exe 07/06/2018 12:01 0/68 112896
  8. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...
  9. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...
  10. Do I have AMD drivers or not?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I have AMD drivers or not?: I've recently updated to Wondows 10. If I right-click the desktop, the 1st entry is "AMD Radeon Settings" I click that, and I get a popup "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly" HWiNFO64 confirms that my display adapter is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is amd raid needed

2. do i need amd raid installer

3. 4600h ryzen harddrive driver rad or qhci

4. amd-raid kxg50znv256g driver,
  5. amd raid kxg50znv256g,
  6. Do I need AMD raid driver if I use one ssd,
  7. amd raid driver windows 10,
  8. AMD RAID Installer (SATA and NVMe RAID) for