Windows 10: Do I need S mode?

Discus and support Do I need S mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have a new Windows 10 computer. Want to install my security/anti virus program, but S mode won't allow me to do it in Edge. Will S mode protect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lori T868, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Lori T868 Win User

Do I need S mode?

Have a new Windows 10 computer. Want to install my security/anti virus program, but S mode won't allow me to do it in Edge. Will S mode protect my online banking? Online purchases? Better than Trend Micro's protection?

:)

Lori T868, Nov 19, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Do I need S mode?

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Do I need S mode?

1. Do I need S mode? - Similar Threads - need mode

2. Help! Switch out of S mode troubleshooting needed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help! Switch out of S mode troubleshooting needed: Hi, I just bought a new laptop with S mode. i look at instruction to switch out of S mode. However, when i click Get in the Microsoft store, it prompted me to enter my Microsoft account login, so I entered mine. It goes to below screen.(I erased name of my email.) It goes...
  3. Win 10 Recovery Mode Loop - Need Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Recovery Mode Loop - Need Help: Hello peeps. Im new here and relativly new to windows 10 and have come seeking some help in regards to my windows 10 PC After installing KODI and downloading a repository for YODA from GitHub. My pc Crashed and went into recovery mode. I tried all the usual options...
  4. Need to switch out of S Mode but MS instructions doesn't work!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to switch out of S Mode but MS instructions doesn't work!: I am in Win 10 Need to switch out of S Mode because none of my apps work, Win 10 blocks everything! The instructions from MS site don't work! My windows look different, it doesn't have the same path that instructions say. It says the "Switch out of S mode" will be there...
  5. PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC displays nothing past Windows load - Need to boot into safe mode: I could just boot into safe mode by distrupting loading 3 times, but that does not work on my outdated windows 10 (update problem). I have no installation disks and cannot aquire one. I can still pass the login screen, but no display, due to a program preventing it from...
  6. Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility mode changes needs to be made every time before launching the game: I'm trying to get Don't Starve to work consistently without going through the whole shebang of going to steam, right click, properties, local files, browse, bin, find the application, right click, properties, compatibility, troubleshooter then finally test application in...
  7. My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP: This just started out of no where. But you know when you hold and drag and you move icons or scroll etc? Well my laptop/touchpad or clicker whatever you want to call it. It stays stuck like and I have to click sometimes 5-10 times to make it stuck for it just to be stuck like...
  8. Turning on Dark Mode/Theme for Windows 10 - Need Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Dark Mode/Theme for Windows 10 - Need Help: Hi guys, I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in hopes for the dark mode. Previously on Windows 7 I was using a dark theme. I was looking to enable dark mode on Windows 10 BUT without installing any themes or anything to keep things lite and smooth. I just want...
  9. Need Help, Change Back to Normal Boot From Safe Mode Using CMD Command

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help, Change Back to Normal Boot From Safe Mode Using CMD Command: My safe mode login requires me to login using an old unused email password to log into safe mode. This old pass is not available. I wish to return to my regular 4 digit pass as before (no safe-mode). Have tried "bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safemode" , it says an invalid...
  10. need fix again for unexpected kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need fix again for unexpected kernel mode trap: i need solution or fix for this problem whenever im using program called Pingzapper its goes to BSoD i need using that program so my game got playable for me is there any solution for this? my friend and ppl else didnt got this error so i want to know what is wrong with me...