Windows 10: DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER?

Discus and support DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER? IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE OR CAN I UNINSTALL IT?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnMcIntyre3, Oct 16, 2018.

1. DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER?

DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER? IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE OR CAN I UNINSTALL IT?

:)

JohnMcIntyre3, Oct 16, 2018

2. Sports App

Hi Kastriot,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

Method 1: Run the apps troubleshooter included within Windows OS by following the steps below, and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Type troubleshooting
    in the search box next to Start icon, and press
    Enter.

Step 2: Click on View All
    from the left hand screen panel, and select Windows Store apps.

Step 3: Follow the on-screen instruction.

Method 2: If the issue persist, try the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

a. To remove a sports section from the app:

Step 1: Open Sports App, and click on My favorites option from the left side panel of the window.

Step 2: Click on See more options, i.e. ‘’ next to search bar. You will now see
    X marks on the sections you can remove.

Step 3: Click on X mark, and check if the sport section is removed.

b. To add a sports section to favorites list:

Step 1: Open Sports App, and click on My favorites option from the left side panel of the window.

Step 2: Click on + options, under Favorite Sports, type the name of the sport, and press
    Enter.

Step 3: Check if the section is added to favorites list.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2018
  4. DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER?

SPORTS APP - Not getting Notifications on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Is this issue specific to Sport app notifications?
    • How about notification to other apps?

First ensure that your computer and Sports app are up to date.
    Press Windows Key + R to open run command. Type ms-settings:
    and hit Enter key. If it brings Settings out, then navigate to Update & Security/> Windows Update
    and check for any available updates. After installing any pending update, see if problem still appears.

Check for Sports app update in Windows Store. Launch
    Windows Store, click on your Profile on top right of Windows Store, and select
    Download and Updates. Now click
    Check for updates, to see if any update available for Sports app.
    Once update is installed, check and see if it fix the issue.

In case problem still persist, then try to toggle off the all notification options for Sports app, reboot your PC and then toggle on the notifications to see if it makes any difference. If it doesn't fix the issue, then try to
    uninstall and reinstall the app once to see if it fix the problem. To uninstall the app, to
    Start menu or All apps, right-click on the Sports app and then select Uninstall. Once you uninstall the app, go to Windows Store and try to download the app again.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER?

1. DO I NEED THE SPORTS APP ON MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER? - Similar Threads - NEED SPORTS APP

2. I need help With my computer apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help With my computer apps.: Hi! Saturday 18th, when I clicked one of my app icons they didnt open. The next day All icons were gone and They're still gone, I've only used the computer twice and have never messed around with the settings, Please help. also a couple months ago most of the apps that came...
  3. I need help With my computer apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help With my computer apps.: Hi! Saturday 18th, when I clicked one of my app icons they didnt open. The next day All icons were gone and They're still gone, I've only used the computer twice and have never messed around with the settings, Please help. also a couple months ago most of the apps that came...
  4. I need to download windows 10 to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to download windows 10 to my computer: i need to download and update Windows10 to my computer. i cant update Google anymore because i have Windows 8\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-download-windows-10-to-my-computer/5979f553-bdcb-437b-8894-45fd91a6798f
  5. News & Sports apps not doing notifications

News & Sports apps not doing notifications: I can't get notifications from either app. I found one suggested fix about resetting the Action Center, but while that fixed another app that wouldn't show notifications, it didn't do anything for those two. I tried turning them off and on in Background Apps, resetting the...
  6. Do I need the app Connect on my computer?

Do I need the app Connect on my computer?: I have satellite modem, one tower, one monitor and one printer all connected by ethernet cable. Only wireless device is Fitbit. Can't tell from browsing if I need the Connect app....
  7. Bing Sports App Problem

Bing Sports App Problem: I'm not sure I'm in the right spot but here goes. I have Bing Sports on the Start menu. When I click it, I start reading headlines, the page jumps back to the top quickly. It seems like it's 15 seconds or so. Is there a control somewhere to change how quick it refreshes or is...
  8. I need a update for windows 10 on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need a update for windows 10 on my computer: Split from this thread. I need a update for windows 10 on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/i-need-a-update-for-windows-10-on-my-computer/8b483d5f-74a4-47f9-8e2a-50a3c816475b
  9. Weather, Money and Sports apps on Windows 10 in Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    Weather, Money and Sports apps on Windows 10 in Fluent Design: Microsoft earlier today launched the rebranded News app on Windows 10, and the company is now rolling out a new update to Weather, Money and Sports app with Fluent Design. It appears that the update is only available for Windows Insiders, and it includes new Fluent Design...
  10. Microsoft Bin Sports App

Microsoft Bin Sports App: I get the following error 69 and this app is not even installed that I can find it: Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.BingSports_4.12.207.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user MSGDEW\Msgdew (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20). Anyone...