Windows 10: Do I need this partition?

Discus and support Do I need this partition? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a bit scared of deleting anything just is case it's needed. You can absolutely remove the drive letter from the partition in Windows Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cornishman, Sep 29, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Do I need this partition?

You can absolutely remove the drive letter from the partition in Windows Disk Management for sure, if it bugs you seeing it in Windows Explorer. And the drive letter can always be added back if you do want to get into it for some reason.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Do I need this partition?

1. Do I need this partition? - Similar Threads - need partition

2. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  3. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  4. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,: My C drive is nearly full. My data D drive has lots of space. Seagate is external drive. I want to increase C drive space. I used Easus partition master but its one click step says "‘your disk {Disk 0} is almost full, so adjustment operation cannot be executed".I attach my...
  5. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,: My C drive is nearly full. My data D drive has lots of space. Seagate is external drive. I want to increase C drive space. I used Easus partition master but its one click step says "‘your disk {Disk 0} is almost full, so adjustment operation cannot be executed".I attach my...
  6. need to increase c drive space. EASUS partition master says I cannot. Confusing.,

7. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent: I have 4 partitions on my C: drive, in order left-to-right on Disk Management: 579M Recovery Partition, 99.33G Boot, 100M EFI, 50G Unallocated. I want to merge the Boot partition with the Unallocated, but they are not adjacent. I've read several posts on this but I find them...
  8. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent: I have 4 partitions on my C: drive, in order left-to-right on Disk Management: 579M Recovery Partition, 99.33G Boot, 100M EFI, 50G Unallocated. I want to merge the Boot partition with the Unallocated, but they are not adjacent. I've read several posts on this but I find them...
  9. Need to extend C: partition, but unallocated is not adjacent

10. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...