Windows 10: Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit

Discus and support Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have an Alienware Alpha R2 I'm planning to buy a new computer since I'm reusing my harddrive from Alpha R2 . It has an activated Windows 10 64 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KTK27, Mar 8, 2020.

1. /u/KTK27 Win User

Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit

So I have an Alienware Alpha R2 I'm planning to buy a new computer since I'm reusing my harddrive from Alpha R2 . It has an activated Windows 10 64 bit OEM so if I put it in my new system and move windows 10 from HDD to m.2 will it still be activated?

submitted by /u/KTK27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KTK27, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit :)

Naki, Mar 8, 2020
  3. 64 BIT

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit

Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit

1. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 64 bit - Similar Threads - need buy copy

2. Need to do a clean install for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to do a clean install for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: I need to install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. My PC has been working on a 32 bit system. As an artist I want to upgrade it to a 64 bit system. It is running Windows 10 32 bit system. I has checked my processor and it will run a 64 bit system. I have upgrade my ram to 32GBs. I have...
  3. Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to buy a new version of Windows 10?: Hi A friend built my PC in 2011 using a OEM system builder pack version of Windows 7. I then upgraded my PC hard drive and moved Windows from HDD to SSD drive. I then later upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I would now like to build a new PC and install Windows 10...
  4. What do I need to do to install Windows 10 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I need to do to install Windows 10 64-bit?: What do I need to do to install Windows 10 64-bit? I have WIndows 10 32-bit, which is what my initial upgrade from Windows 7 installed. I can confirm my PC meets all of the requirements for 64-bit. I have downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool application and am running...
  5. failed buy windows 10 pro 64 bit

failed buy windows 10 pro 64 bit: dear all, i try to buy the upgrade version from windows 10 home 64 bit, into windows 10 pro 64 bit on microsoft store with my debit card but it's failed, and some time the microsoft popup showing error can you help me about this one? best regards,...
  6. Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit: I bought a usb 3.0 data transfer cable for my home work station to allow moderately sized file transfer between two PC's. Installed the cable drivers (PCLinq) on both PCs (windows 7 64 bit and windows 10 64 bit). The software on both machines is painfully slow, you press...
  7. Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10?

Do I really need to buy a new version of Windows 10?: I just replaced my motherboard and in order for it to "take", for lack of a better word, I had to reinstall Windows 10 onto my computer so that it would register. The issue now is that, for some reason, my computer is telling me that I need to buy a new version of Windows. Do...
  8. i need download windows 10 home 64 bit.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i need download windows 10 home 64 bit.: Hi.. My name is Joel Alvarez, a i have installed windows 10 pro in my notebook asus FX504GE. before i had windows 10 home. windows 10 pro has problem with the installations drivers , so i need install windows 10 home edition but I can´t download because...
  9. Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version)

Windows 10 (Do I really need to buy a new version): Decided to update my desktop computer with a new motherboard, chip , and memory . Went to the nearest computer store at the time , where they asked me what I was using on my present computer. I told them I had updated my previous version of windows XP with Windows 10 when it...
  10. Firefox 64 bit needed

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 64 bit needed: Hi. I tried to get firefox 64 bit with no luck from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla Please help. Thanks. 79082