Windows 10: Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU...

Discus and support Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! Ok, most important thing here is Motherboard or CPU. So, I plan to upgrade this 3 components. I heard, that, if you upgrade motherboard, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jan Breznik, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU...

Hello!

Ok, most important thing here is Motherboard or CPU.

So, I plan to upgrade this 3 components. I heard, that, if you upgrade motherboard, you lose Windows 10. But, don't get me wrong.

I mean PREINSTALLED Windows 10 Home in PREMADE PC. So, I didn't buy Windows 10 Home by my self, it was already installed.

If I write that command in CMD: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey, I can see XXXXX-XXXXX (25 X-s) key.

So, will I need to buy new Windows 10 Home. Please, if you need to ask me something more, please, ask! Thanks for your help!

PS.: I contacted 50 times MS Support and I've got 50 diffrent answers.

Jan

(My first language is not English)

:)

Jan Breznik, Feb 12, 2019

2. Buying new motherboard do I need to buy Windows 10 again?

well i thinking to get upgrade and buy better motherboard and cpu. i bought new windows 10 Pro 64 dvd OEM

question is if i will decide to buy new motherboard and cpu. do i will have to buy windows 10 again?

MaciejMantaj, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Upgrading CPU and Motherboard but with SSD with the free windows 10 upgrade from window 8.1

I want to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard but i scared that if i do that i will have to buy a new copy of Windows 10 and i am upgrading important hardware. My current PC has the free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from my Window 8.1 Pro. So its on my SSD but if
    i use the same SSD with a new CPU and Motherboard, can i not just re-activate or does the free upgrade not carry over?

Can someone please help and tell me if i will have to buy a new copy or if it will still work with new hardware.

KeeranHowell, Feb 12, 2019
  4. jj4245 Win User

Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU...

Windows 10 & Motherboard/CPU

I am thinking of upgrading my motherboard and CPU but i don't know if I'm going to have to buy and install a new copy of windows. I have a windows 10 home product key that I used on this PC. Windows 10 is pretty expensive so i might not go through with
    the upgrade if I do have to.

jj4245, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU...

1. Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU... - Similar Threads - need buy another

2. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello i am using i5 3gen with h61 motherboard and i am upgrading with i5 11 gen with new motherboard and ram and im gona use my old ssd so do i need to reintall windows or just driver update gona work...
  3. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello i am using i5 3gen with h61 motherboard and i am upgrading with i5 11 gen with new motherboard and ram and im gona use my old ssd so do i need to reintall windows or just driver update gona work...
  4. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?: I'm currently using a computer which is bought from Dell few years ago and upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10.And now, I'm decided to DIY another PC with higher performance. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC? If not, can I use these two PC at the same time?...
  6. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?

Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC?: I'm currently using a computer which is bought from Dell few years ago and upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10.And now, I'm decided to DIY another PC with higher performance. Do I need to buy another windows11 for my new PC? If not, can I use these two PC at the same time?...
  7. Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?

Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello guys,so i just ordered a new motherboard and CPU, but a friend of mine said I maybe need to reinstall windows if neededso my question was do I need to reinstall windows and do I need to backup my PC, what do I need to do if I need to reinstall windows?I'm upgrading from...
  8. Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello guys,so i just ordered a new motherboard and CPU, but a friend of mine said I maybe need to reinstall windows if neededso my question was do I need to reinstall windows and do I need to backup my PC, what do I need to do if I need to reinstall windows?I'm upgrading from...
  9. Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. If I replace my Motherboard and CPU do I need a new Windows license?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If I replace my Motherboard and CPU do I need a new Windows license?: I've checked various sites and the CPU I have on my motherboard is the best it can have, I've had this computer for a long time now and I wanted to upgrade to a new motherboard however there are a few people that say that I would need to purchase Windows 10 again and that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i bought a computer with windows 10 preinstalled can i upgrade the motherboard

2. do you have to buy new windows copy for new motherboard and processor