Windows 10: Do I need to cool this WD HDD?

Discus and support Do I need to cool this WD HDD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 drives inside my desktop tower PC. A 512GB 850 Pro Samsung SSD and a WD Black 12TB spinning drive. Typical temperatures are ~43C for the SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tpriest, Mar 19, 2021.

1. tpriest Win User

Do I need to cool this WD HDD?

I have 2 drives inside my desktop tower PC. A 512GB 850 Pro Samsung SSD and a WD Black 12TB spinning drive. Typical temperatures are ~43C for the SSD, 50-52C for the WD. I see the WD specs say operating range of 5-55; so mine is at the upper end of this range. I'm not seeing any errors in the SMART data.

Should I try to find ways of lowering the temperature? There is a fair amount of open space in the PC with no components especially near the drive. I've wondered about attaching an HDD fan cooler but can't find one actually available.

Any suggestions? Or am I worrying unnecessarily?

:)

tpriest, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Do I need to cool this WD HDD?

HDD Health Report: Crystal Disk Info, HD Tune, WD-Data Lifeguard Diagnostics.. pls help

Hey there, @alivehunter!

I'm truly sorry to hear about your struggle with the WD Blue drive! *Frown Do I need to cool this WD HDD? :(
    The "CLASSNPN.SYS" error should have been resolved after the fresh install, but obviously the bad sectors are preventing this from happening.
    As the community already suggested - RMA should be your next step to end your headache with this HDD.
    Here are the steps to replacing your bad product: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8
    What you need to do is get in touch with our tech support first. Since you are from Mumbai, you should know that WD provides dedicated warranty support and service in India as well: Contact Support | WD Support
    The tech support will kindly walk you through the steps once again and let you know how to proceed.

Hope this helps you! Good luck! *Smile Do I need to cool this WD HDD? :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Do I need to cool this WD HDD?

1. Do I need to cool this WD HDD? - Similar Threads - need cool HDD

2. New WD Black 4TB HDD issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New WD Black 4TB HDD issues.: Hello, I just finished upgrading my computer. I have a 4TB WD Black Hard drive and a WD SN750 SSD installed, first time using two drives, and first time using a SSD. I installed new copy of Windows 10 on the SSD, and it shows as C: drive, and I intended to use the 4TB Hard...
  3. Wd 3t hdd???

Wd 3t hdd???: I found an old 3T WD SATA Drive in my closet - WD 30EZRX (on the label) I tried to format it and it says its only 2T. What gives? 170717
  4. Wd 3t hdd???

in Windows 10 Support
    Wd 3t hdd???: I found an old 3T WD SATA Drive in my closet - WD 30EZRX (on the label) I tried to format it and it says its only 2T. What gives? 170717
  5. WD HDD Not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD HDD Not responding: Hey, Am facing a big problem with my hard disk, for the past days it has been working well until yesterday when I wanted to transfer some movies from another computer to mine, it copied the movies and stopped in the middle and got stuck. Now since yesterday 02/07/2020 every...
  6. How do I initialize my External USB HDD WD My Passport?

How do I initialize my External USB HDD WD My Passport?: I have an External USB HDD WD My Passport 0810 that needs initialization. I have been using it for System Image backups via Macrium Reflect free as well as saving my data.. How do I initialize it so I can get back to using it for System Image backups again? I'm not concerned...
  7. Added a Partition WD EX HDD I can't redo it

Added a Partition WD EX HDD I can't redo it: Hello I am trying to Create a Name for a new Partition on WD (E:) and I have got it wrong*Sad I used MS Shrink to Shrink to half of 931 GBs I had 953835 MBs Available to shrink -- 630615 after shrink 323220 Drive (E:) DISC- 01 615.840 GB I want to Back up all of My Apps...
  8. Added a Partition WD EX HDD I can't redo it

in Windows 10 Support
    Added a Partition WD EX HDD I can't redo it: Hello I am trying to Create a Name for a new Partition on WD (E:) and I have got it wrong*Sad I used MS Shrink to Shrink to half of 931 GBs I had 953835 MBs Available to shrink -- 630615 after shrink 323220 Drive (E:) DISC- 01 615.840 GB I want to Back up all of My Apps...
  9. Cannot format WD 1TB HDD

Cannot format WD 1TB HDD: I bought a new WD 1TB HDD and was running install/format when I had a power outage. When power came back I could not format this drive. The drive shows in Device Manager but fails format there and every where I have tried. I used UBDC and have not been able to format in...
  10. File explorer and WD external HDD

File explorer and WD external HDD: File explorer is struggling with my 2 external WD My Book 3TB HDD Problems: 1 of the drives will keep running randomly all night (and gets real hot) after PC shut down. When trying to write a batch to one of the drives explorer keeps trying to access the drive, cannot...