Windows 10: Do I need to create new rescue CD when I update Macrium from v6>v7?

Discus and support Do I need to create new rescue CD when I update Macrium from v6>v7? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just updated Macrium from v6>v7 Do I need to create a new rescue CD? Would there be some change in the v7 Macrium not recognising the rescue CD I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by C0zzie, Dec 2, 2017.

1. C0zzie Win User

Do I need to create new rescue CD when I update Macrium from v6>v7?

Just updated Macrium from v6>v7

Do I need to create a new rescue CD? Would there be some change in the v7 Macrium not recognising the rescue CD I created with v6 Macrium?

If this makes sense?

Many thanks!

:)

C0zzie, Dec 2, 2017

2. Error: Windows\system32\winload.exe

I upgraded my HP Pavilion g7 laptop to windows 10 from an original purchased windows 7. I am using Macrium Reflect to backup. I needed a new hard drive and purchased a WD. In Macrium, I used the "Image Disk" to my external hard drive. I created a Macrium
    rescue disk.

Put the rescue disk in the CD/DVD drive. Powered down, removed the battery, removed the old hard drive and installed the new one.

When I powered up, the disk drive spun and came up the error code: Oxc0000225 and the disk could not be accessed. The Macrium rescue disc would not load. I tried using an original Windows 7 disc and it would load either.

I am an older, intermediate user and don't know what to do. Please help!

BillNewAlbany, Dec 2, 2017
  3. johnptd Win User
    Blue Screen Error 'PC/device needs to be repaired file:/BCD error code:0xc000000d'

Brittany,

I just fixed an error like that on a Dell Inspiron yesterday. The best and easiest tool for fixing this is to use Macrium Reflect's Rescue Media. It has a "Fix Windows Boot Problems" option. This is what you have to do:

1. Download the "free" version of Macrium Reflect from here:

Download Macrium Reflect Free

2. Install it on a working computer and create the Rescue Media (Create Rescue Media). Make sure you set it to use
    Windows PE version 10. If it has not picked that, click the "Change PE Version" and select PE version 10. You can create the Rescue Media on either a CD or a USB Flash drive although a USB Flash drive would be better and you
    only need a minimum of a 1GB drive.

3. Once the Rescue Media is created, you need to start your problem laptop with the Rescue Media connected to it and change where you are booting from. As soon as you press the power button on the laptop, continually press the "F12" key.
    This will allow you to access the Boot Options screen to modify from where your laptop will boot. It should eventually give you a list of devices to boot from. Select the USB Flash drive which contains the Rescue Media. Use the keyboard arrow keys to get to
    the correct line and then {Enter} to select it. Once selected, it should then boot into Macrium Reflect running off the USB drive.

4. Follow the instructions on this page (How to fix Windows Boot problems) to perform the repair.

Good luck,

JohnD

johnptd, Dec 2, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Its well worth updating cd to take advantage of any new features and to be sure it will work

Samuria, Dec 2, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    It is the other way round - the V6 CD will not restore V7 backups.

You must upgrade.

cereberus, Dec 2, 2017
  6. C0zzie Win User
    Wait so hang on, I havent created any images of my SSD using the v7 yet
    But once I create a full image of my SSD with the new v7 Macrium, IF I need to restore using the v6 CD, it will not restore the new v7 backup?

C0zzie, Dec 2, 2017
  7. C0zzie Win User
    Thanks! Will use another CD, or even better, use a usb

C0zzie, Dec 2, 2017
  8. RolandJS Win User

My experience has been that any MR7 USB or DVD can restore any MR6-made image; and any MR7 residing on the HD can read any MR6-made image off of any external media.

RolandJS, Dec 3, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    No - restore drives are backward compatible not forward compatible. A v7 cd will restore v6 images but not vice versa.

In fact, this often applies if v7 is upgraded as well. To avoid issues, I always update rescue drive each time an update comes out. I only use flash drives.

cereberus, Dec 3, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    OP is talking about using a V6 Rescue drive to restore a V7 image. This is not possible.

cereberus, Dec 3, 2017
  11. RolandJS Win User
    I was hoping my post indicates the same thing you indicated -- MR6 cannot restore an MR7-made image.

RolandJS, Dec 3, 2017
  12. cereberus Win User
    It says MR7 drive can restore MR6 images (true) but does not say anything about reverse direction.

cereberus, Dec 3, 2017
  13. C0zzie Win User

Thanks all

I successfully creates a new recover CD with Macrium v7 and it boots fine
    Now I know v7CD will restore v6 images, but v6cd (which has been replaced by v7CD) will not restore v7 images...haha!

Appreciate the knowledge you have given me *Smile

C0zzie, Dec 4, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    Don't forget you may need to redo CD as V7 updates. Sometimes you do and sometimes you do not but I always recreate the recovery drive (easy on a flash drive) every update just to be certain.

Are you aware, you can create a boot entry for Reflect from other tasks menu, and then you do not even need to use CD unless hard drive has failed or is badly corrupted.

cereberus, Dec 4, 2017
  15. C0zzie Win User
    Ah ok so any small update I will re-create the recovery CD, thanks!

Ye I did know about boot entry for Reflect.
    But how would I access the boot entry option? Is it via "Settings>Recovery>Restart now" and then I know via that way you can access UEFI mode, but will it show the boot menu option also?
    IF I had to recover an image, the only way I know atm is to start PC, go into BIOS on startup / or the way I mentioned via UEFI, and booting Macrium from the CD.

C0zzie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Do I need to create new rescue CD when I update Macrium from v6>v7? - Similar Threads - need create rescue

2. Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media?: I see there is a Macrium 7.3 update available (5672). 1. I read here that some Macrium changes require rebuilding the bootable rescue media environment. How do I know what Macrium changes require rebuilding the rescue media? I assume that I don't need to do this after...
  3. Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder

Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder: Hello, Windows Home 10 v2004 x64 Macrium Reflect v7.2.5107 Home - 5th August 2020 Last time I make a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media was in September 2007, and I think the GUI has change a little or I do not remember How I did it *Sad I do not want Macrium download anything...
  4. Need Opinions: Macrium Reflect Free v6 vs. v7

Need Opinions: Macrium Reflect Free v6 vs. v7: I've been using Macrium Reflect Free version 5.3 on my Windows 10 PC for a few years now. It's been a great, no-frills, disk imaging tool. Unfortunately, after the Windows 10 November 2019 Update (which updated my Win10 version 1809 to version 1909), Macrium Reflect 5.3 no...
  5. How do I update the Macrium Rescue media

How do I update the Macrium Rescue media: Win 10 ver 1903 I have Macrium Rescue media on a usb thumb drive, a dvd, and on the boot menu of my boot drive. Macrium has a new recent update. How do I update the rescue media on those 3 media that I listed? 144912
  6. Macrium Reflect v7 wont make rescue media (iso or USB)

Macrium Reflect v7 wont make rescue media (iso or USB): So I decided to install macrium reflect v7 free (current installed version at v 7.2.4325) to make a backup of my current windows OS in-case my updating to windows 10 1903 doesn't go well, so that would involve making a rescue media and either burning it to a disc, or a usb,...
  7. Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect: I just ran Macrium Reflect to build rescue media on a Windows 10 laptop. In Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media, I selected Windows Boot Menu, checked Add boot menu, and clicked Build. After the operation ended successfully, I looked to see if Macrium had created a new...
  8. Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition: How to: Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition This tutorial will show how to create a small Macrium Reflect Recovery Partition and add it to Windows 10 Boot Menu. In case of emergency, user can boot to Macrium Rescue environment and fix Windows boot issues, or restore...
  9. How update Macrium Free V6 to v7?

How update Macrium Free V6 to v7?: Hello, I am currently using Macrium free V6.3 (thanks to this site) and have decided to upgrade to V7. How do I do this? I went to 'Other Tasks > Check for Updates' but is says 'No Updates found'? Is there no way to upgrade from within Macrium Free app? Do I need...
  10. Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10

Macrium V6 Rescue Disk Will Not Boot in W10: I'm not familiar with the UEFI boot system in W10. Any pointers? Thanks. 40116