Windows 10: Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?

Discus and support Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am using Windows 10 pro edition I just want to reinstall the OS on my PC. I have 4 drives in my PC.C drivecurrently windows 10 os was in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kiranG92, Nov 26, 2022.

1. kiranG92 Win User

Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?

Hi,I am using Windows 10 pro edition I just want to reinstall the OS on my PC. I have 4 drives in my PC.C drivecurrently windows 10 os was in this drive: was not encrypted with bitlockerD,E & F was encrypted with bitlockerI want to reinstall the windows 10 OS using USB media creation tool and will format only the C drive while reinstalling the OS.Can i able to decrypt the other 3 drivesi.e D,E & F after reinstalling the OS ?i have backup of recovery keys

:)

kiranG92, Nov 26, 2022

2. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 26, 2022
  3. James Win User
    Bitlocker Stuck Decrypting

@rinconmike

For future reference, instead of using the TASK MANAGER to restart, you can simply hold CTRL + SHIFT and right click on blank space on the Task bar, to bring up 'Exit Explorer'.

Another option is to use software.

From m3datarecovery

Download

Instructions

From m3datarecovery

- *Smile

James, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?

little cat, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?

1. Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation? - Similar Threads - need decrypt drive

2. Do I need to re-install Windows again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to re-install Windows again?: Hi everyone, I am pretty new to using Windows 11 and am finding my feet, so please forgive me if my question sounds stupid! I had a BSOD that happened nearly a month ago and was an unspecified error. I did a hardware scan which found no errors and I re-installed Windows and...
  3. Do I need to re-install Windows again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to re-install Windows again?: Hi everyone, I am pretty new to using Windows 11 and am finding my feet, so please forgive me if my question sounds stupid! I had a BSOD that happened nearly a month ago and was an unspecified error. I did a hardware scan which found no errors and I re-installed Windows and...
  4. Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?

Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?: Hi,I am using Windows 10 pro edition I just want to reinstall the OS on my PC. I have 4 drives in my PC.C drivecurrently windows 10 os was in this drive: was not encrypted with bitlockerD,E & F was encrypted with bitlockerI want to reinstall the windows 10 OS using USB media...
  5. Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to decrypt my drive before re-installation?: Hi,I am using Windows 10 pro edition I just want to reinstall the OS on my PC. I have 4 drives in my PC.C drivecurrently windows 10 os was in this drive: was not encrypted with bitlockerD,E & F was encrypted with bitlockerI want to reinstall the windows 10 OS using USB media...
  6. How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...: Is there a way to stop the disk decryption and encrypt the whole thing back? WITHOUT finishing the decryption Today's status: 64% decryption It takes too long, I didn't check beforehand how long it would take I would like to stop the process because it is taking too long and...
  7. How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...

How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...: Is there a way to stop the disk decryption and encrypt the whole thing back? WITHOUT finishing the decryption Today's status: 64% decryption It takes too long, I didn't check beforehand how long it would take I would like to stop the process because it is taking too long and...
  8. How to stop decryption in process and re-encrypt BitLocker? Before completing the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Do I need to decrypt my data drives, D:\ or E:\ before re-installation Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to decrypt my data drives, D:\ or E:\ before re-installation Windows?: Hi, Now I am running Windows 10 Pro with BitLocker enabled on C:\, D:\ and E:\. D:\ and E:\ are my data drives and want to keep the data can access after re-installation. As I know I can either decrypt or no need decrypt System drive, C:\ because the encryption key will be...
  10. I need help to decrypt my files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help to decrypt my files: Hello guys, my computer was recently attacked by .mpal ransomware and encrypted all my files with an online key can anyone please help me a way to decrypt my files? I will be glad for a help...