Windows 10: Do I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk

Discus and support Do I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My hard disk need defragmentation. But if I create a macrium reflect backup and then restore this back up instead of defragmentation. Whether there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sam9, Jul 8, 2018.

1. sam9 Win User

Do I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk

My hard disk need defragmentation. But if I create a macrium reflect backup and then restore this back up instead of defragmentation. Whether there will be any need for defragmentation now, because while restoring, all files will be re-written now.

:)

sam9, Jul 8, 2018

2. hard disk D won't defragment

Hi,

File corruption is one of the reasons why you are having challenges defragmenting your hard disk. Before we proceed, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you defragmenting an internal drive or an external drive?
    • Are you using the Windows defragmenter to defrag your hard disk, or is it a third party software?

In the meantime, you can run the System File Checker tool. This will helps use scan and restore corrupted files. Here’s an
    article that will walk you through the steps on how to run the System
    File Checker tool, how to view details of the System File Checker process, and how to manually replace corrupted system files.

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Formatting Hard Disks

We advise posting your query on a Linux support forum to receive proper instructions on how to format your spare hard disk. The support agents of the Linux support page should be able to provide you with the detailed steps on how to format a Linux hard disk.

If you have other questions or concerns in the future, we're just a click away.

Devlin Sco, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Do I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk

Format Hard disk

I have an external hard drive . When i plug it into pc pc becomes slow , so I want to format it , but it is not possible in GUI mode .

Can I format it while booting??

Pls provide process steps too???

[Original Title: external Hard disk]

Hritik Kandari, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Do I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk

1. Do I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk - Similar Threads - need defrag hard

2. Hard disk somehow formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk somehow formatted: Hello all, I have a WD My Passport 2TB HDD. One day, when I turned on my PC, the hard disk was not to be found. Checking Disk Management tells that there are various no-name drives. No data is there. Tried using Testdisk Data Recovery utility no data found in the normal...
  3. Formatting hard disks with numbers?

Formatting hard disks with numbers?: Hi I have a server and I'm running out of letters to add hard drives I know that with raid or pools you can combine multiple drives but I would like to use numbers instead of letters that are not recognized in windows is there a possibility zb in windows server 2019...
  4. How to format a hard disk correctly?

How to format a hard disk correctly?: Hello guys, since you helped me alot with my previous problem, I wanted to ask something. My PC is slowed down a lot in comparison to how it was. So, I wanted to ask how to delete everything from the hard disk such that everything is working as before. How would I delete...
  5. What happens if i format my hard disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happens if i format my hard disk?: I bought a HP laptop preinstalled with windows10 Pro. I downloaded an android emulator called Bluestacks and it messed up my screen with blurry colours. I have done a clean reset and install of windows but my screen is still messed up with discolouration. I guess the app...
  6. Format a Hard Disk Drive

Format a Hard Disk Drive: I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-a-hard-disk-drive/0e989132-1b84-48c9-b089-ce4ac8420d30
  7. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  8. Does I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does I need to defrag the hard disk even if I format the hard disk.: My hard disk need defragmentation. But if I create a macrium reflect backup and then restore this back up instead of defragmentation. Whether there will be any need for defragmentation now, because while restoring, all files will be re-written now. 113689
  9. Hard Disk Converted to GPT format

Hard Disk Converted to GPT format: I have DELL inspiron 5558 With windwos 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10. Recently i wanted windows 7 and for that i shrink my E drive and from DVD tried to install Windows 7 on that 50 GB unallocated space. But it was showing me that you cant install OS on Windows Cannot...
  10. Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I need to defrag my Hard Drive?: I have this SSD hard drive: Samsung SSD 650 Series 2.5" SATA 120GB | for Business Do I need to defrag it? If so, what do I use to defrag it and how often? 27676