Windows 10: Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity?

Discus and support Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG] Already Defaulted the firewall policy and restarted. Any ideas? Port Forwarding possibly?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimLeppanen, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity?

Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity? [​IMG]

Already Defaulted the firewall policy and restarted. Any ideas? Port Forwarding possibly?

:)

TimLeppanen, Aug 23, 2019

2. Xbox live connection

Xbox live suddenly stopped working. It says there is an update but when I go to download it, it says " can't download the update. To test your connection, open system settings and select network settings. Test Xbox Live connection. Status code 4467 0000
    3080 0300 D000 0185"

So I test the connection and get the same update required notification and choose no. Test shows that everything is fine except xbox live connection. I follow the troubleshooting suggestions including unplugging the modem and router. Next suggestion is port
    forwarding but I skipped it because I don't know what it means. I've tried manually entering IP addresses and a million other things with no success, my storage is empty, my profile isn't on there and when I try downloading it I get an error because I can't
    download the stupid d update!

Moved from Internet Explorer

robertaroberta1953, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Xbox live connection

babikerosman, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Thagstrom Win User

Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity?

Xbox Live App Moderate NAT and Server Connectivity Blocked

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

I went through this same scenario a long time ago when I first started gaming online.

For me what resolved it was to make sure all the correct ports were forwarded in my router. I would suggest you to do the same

Here is a page from microsoft on which ports would need to be open for xbox live. It refers to the xbox, but it would be the same ports for the xbox live app on windows as well.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/network...

And also here is an article that goes through the steps of how to port forward:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-port-forward-41...

I hope this helps!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thagstrom, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity?

1. Do i need to forward ports to have xbox live connectivity? - Similar Threads - need forward ports

2. How do I port forward

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I port forward: How do I port forward with spectrum ipv6 internet submitted by /u/Fuzesbtw [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh3oqy/how_do_i_port_forward/
  3. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  4. why do we need xbox live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do we need xbox live: I just want to know why people have to pay for Xbox live I love what you are doing Congarts on the Xbox series X amazing job. just please take my word and put one free Xbox live every two years. Or maybe remove Xbox live gold...
  5. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  6. I need to port forward for tp-link router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to port forward for tp-link router: I have no clue how to do this and all of the results google yields are old it seems. I need to portforward specifically for xbox games pass on Windows. Apparently I need the 3074 ports? And I'm hitting dead ends. I'm at the screen to add a new virtual server (or port I...
  7. Need help, port forwarding not working

Need help, port forwarding not working: So I have been trying to create a game server for a couple of months and I still haven't been able to create one. I'm having a problem with port forwarding. I really don't know what to do any more. I even made my own server in C# but that doesn't work either. I didn't have...
  8. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  9. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  10. Having trouble with port forwarding..

Having trouble with port forwarding..: Thanks @jimbo45 That is what the thread has been all about. We just missed one little thing. OP use xDSL rather than ETH WAN and accidentally the selection was on ETH so the routing got assigned to wrong port/plug. Port forwards were assigned to act on bit-heaven packets...