Windows 10: Do i need to have an ISO for quicker O/S Full instal

Discus and support Do i need to have an ISO for quicker O/S Full instal in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New to Win10. Original OEM install disc was Ver 1903 Running 64 bit Pro with current latest patch update 1909. Question is , after several future MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Oldhead, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Oldhead Win User

Do i need to have an ISO for quicker O/S Full instal

New to Win10.
    Original OEM install disc was Ver 1903
    Running 64 bit Pro with current latest patch update 1909.

Question is , after several future MS major updates , if i was to have to do a full recovery install at a later date ,my original Ver 1903 would need to be fully updated with updated downloads to reach current .(heaps of prior updates)

Is that the reason for having Current MS ISO , to save time during new full instalation?????.
    Yes im slow @68yrs.

:)

Oldhead, Feb 13, 2020

2. Best way to OS to iso to install?!

Norton ghost can make ISO's of a HDD but I would just suggest making a whole image and placing it on a thumbdrive cause its faster to install instead of useing a DVD drive.

brandonwh64, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Need ISO maker

I tried imgburn followed step by step and it sucks ...burned an image supposed to be ISO endend up in UDF ..not auto executable and scraped a dvd for it. Gonna try alcohol thx

MohawkAngel, Feb 13, 2020
  4. timta2 Win User

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

ISO image - Wikipedia

timta2, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Do i need to have an ISO for quicker O/S Full instal - Similar Threads - need ISO quicker

2. How do I install Windows 10 on a PC that has no O/S?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 10 on a PC that has no O/S?: ScreenshotHi, I'll try to explain myself as concisely as possible. I bought a refurbished Dell desktop PC that came preloaded with Linux Mint. Disliking Linux and being unaware of the correct way in which to proceed, I blindly erased Linux with the intent of simply booting up...
  3. How do I install Windows 10 on a PC that has no O/S?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Windows 10 on a PC that has no O/S?: ScreenshotHi, I'll try to explain myself as concisely as possible. I bought a refurbished Dell desktop PC that came preloaded with Linux Mint. Disliking Linux and being unaware of the correct way in which to proceed, I blindly erased Linux with the intent of simply booting up...
  4. How do I install Windows 10 on a PC that has no O/S?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. what o i have to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what o i have to do: what do i have to do to recover my windows computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-o-i-have-to-do/a8f27aa3-3182-44fc-9904-e1e95136a26d
  6. what o i have to do

what o i have to do: what do i have to do to recover my windows computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-o-i-have-to-do/a8f27aa3-3182-44fc-9904-e1e95136a26d
  7. Quicker Basic software and S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicker Basic software and S mode: I have tried to install Quicken Basic - I was told it does not "work" in Microsoft S modeNot sure what I need to do nextI have tried uninstalling 4 timesIt will not call upAny ideas ?...
  8. Quicker Basic software and S mode

Quicker Basic software and S mode: I have tried to install Quicken Basic - I was told it does not "work" in Microsoft S modeNot sure what I need to do nextI have tried uninstalling 4 timesIt will not call upAny ideas ?...
  9. Do i need to have an ISO for quicker O/S Full install

Do i need to have an ISO for quicker O/S Full install: New to Win10. Original OEM install disc was Ver 1903 Running 64 bit Pro with current latest patch update 1909. Question is , after several future MS major updates , if i was to have to do a full recovery install at a later date ,my original Ver 1903 would need to be fully...
  10. Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help

Windows 10 install problems with .iso file burned o. Need help: The hard drive on my laptop died. The laptop had windows 10 installed, and I have a valid product key. Windows 10, English, 64-bit, Home I replaced the hard drive, ran the system diagnostics, and everything checked out. I downloaded the .iso file from the microsoft...