Windows 10: Do i need to have the best antivirus or just stick with windows defender ?

Discus and support Do i need to have the best antivirus or just stick with windows defender ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I do not know what is better, to use the best antivirus program or just have a standard antivirus like windows defender?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkZackloader, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Do i need to have the best antivirus or just stick with windows defender ?

Hello, I do not know what is better, to use the best antivirus program or just have a standard antivirus like windows defender?

:)

MarkZackloader, Feb 28, 2021
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Feb 28, 2021
  3. What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Do i need to have the best antivirus or just stick with windows defender ?

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Do i need to have the best antivirus or just stick with windows defender ?

1. Do i need to have the best antivirus or just stick with windows defender ? - Similar Threads - need best antivirus

2. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: In your opinion, which program is the best antivirus for windows? Paid or not paid. submitted by /u/fermarx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv2oiz/best_antivirus/
  3. Best antivirus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best antivirus?: I'm pretty careful on the web but I know I'm not immune to viruses. I currently use Windows Defender as my traditional antivirus and occasional scans from Malwarebytes Free to catch more advanced malware that Defender might miss. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I've...
  4. Defender achieves best antivirus status.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender achieves best antivirus status.: Thought I would share this Windows Defender Achieves 'Best Antivirus' Status 138051
  5. I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?

I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?: Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-do-i-need-mcafee/a79c61aa-faec-43be-a2dd-55bf443df762
  6. Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?

Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?: I use Avast and MBAM. AdwCleaner from time time. I only have MBAM on my MacBook. Should I ditch Avast and use the inbuilt Windows Defender? Thing is, I don’t trust the inbuilt one enough to actually be effective. Will I get a performance gain doing this? 120725
  7. Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?: I use Avast and MBAM. AdwCleaner from time time. I only have MBAM on my MacBook. Should I ditch Avast and use the inbuilt Windows Defender? Thing is, I don’t trust the inbuilt one enough to actually be effective. Will I get a performance gain doing this? 120725
  8. best antivirus

best antivirus: I am just using windows defender and malware bytes.I there a better anti-virus program that does not use a lot of rescources that someone could suggest thanks ,jason 106844
  9. Best antivirus?

Best antivirus?: I have read through thread and I don't see any big group agreeing on one. I know I don't like Norton, been using avp... which is best? 52140
  10. Do I need antivirus?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Do I need antivirus?: From my question you will doubtless realize I'm new to virtual machines. I've just installed VMWare Player and W10 TP. On my host system I have Emsisoft Internet Security running. I have no idea whether this will also protect my VM setup or if I need separate firewall...