Windows 10: Do I need to mess with my partitions before I upgrade to W10?

Discus and support Do I need to mess with my partitions before I upgrade to W10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/dr4PPFZ.png I'm running W7 and those are my current partitions, I want to use the reset option when I upgrade to get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karizma, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

Do I need to mess with my partitions before I upgrade to W10?

https://i.imgur.com/dr4PPFZ.png

I'm running W7 and those are my current partitions, I want to use the reset option when I upgrade to get rid of everything, the only partition I really know out of those 3 is my main OS one.

Do I need to delete any of these prior to upgrade or will W10 take care of it?

:)

Karizma, Jul 27, 2015
  2. erezriki Win User

I need to backup my computer before the upgrade to win10?

If I'll do the upgrade my pictures, documents and apps will be deleted?

The upgrade will reset the computer?

erezriki, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    I need to backup my computer before the upgrade to win10?

READ EVERYTHING THE UPGRADE PROCESS SAYS.

The default option when coming from Windows 7 and 8.1 is "keep apps, files, and settings". Look for that sentence everywhere all the time.

No matter what, it's always good practice to back up your computer before a major upgrade, or just backing up in general is a good idea. But the upgrade won't delete your stuff SO LONG AS YOU PAY ATTENTION AND READ EVERYTHING AND NOT JUST BLINDLY CLICK NEXT.

Entegy, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

No, Windows will take care of it.
    You can check your options after the upgrade, eg.: reverting to the previous OS

Edwin, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Do I need to mess with my partitions before I upgrade to W10? - Similar Threads - need mess partitions

2. Do I need to upgrade my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to upgrade my account: I keep getting emails to upgrade my account. What is this? Brent from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ACTION REQUIRED: ACCOUNT SUSPENDEDMAILBOX OPERATING SYSTEM <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***:08 AMTo;*** Email address is removed for privacy *** ***...
  3. Do I need to upgrade my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to upgrade my account: I keep getting emails to upgrade my account. What is this? Brent from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ACTION REQUIRED: ACCOUNT SUSPENDEDMAILBOX OPERATING SYSTEM <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***:08 AMTo;*** Email address is removed for privacy *** ***...
  4. I messed up my partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  5. I messed up my partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  6. Do i need update W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do i need update W10?: Well, do i need download W10 updates? Cuz i always stopped updates after installing it. Version is 1909 145595
  7. How do I save my w10 setting before restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I save my w10 setting before restart?: Hi everyone. I am having a problem trying to save my personal W10 settings before a restart. The easiest way may be best for me to follow. Thanks so much, ClarksvilleJoe...
  8. Do I Need to Upgrade ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I Need to Upgrade ??: Ok So i am Pleased with my home version but i keep hearing u should upgrade why and what are the benefits and who needs pro Thanks 115304
  9. Need a new HDD making sure I can upgrade before I do

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need a new HDD making sure I can upgrade before I do: I never upgraded to Windows 10 and my HDD crashed on me. I need to buy a new one and was going to upgrade to 10 cause I don't have my Windows 7 install disk anymore. I do have the the windows key sticker on my computer still. Can I use that if I were to download the Windows...
  10. Do I need this partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need this partition?: Hi All, I bought my computer a few years ago with Windows 7 preinstalled. The drive was partitioned into "C" and a small recovery partition "E". I did a clean install of Windows 10. Do I still need the "E" partition??? Is it some sort of boot drive? The recovery folder...