Windows 10: Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

Discus and support Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Greyvael, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Greyvael Win User

Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has run swimmingly for the past 9 years on Windows 10 Home.I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU which has caused Windows to de-associate the hardware with, what I presume to now be, my digital Windows 10 licence Error Code 0xC004F211. So now I've got that lovely 'Activate Windows' watermark in the corner of my screen

:)

Greyvael, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

1. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware? - Similar Threads - need buy digital

2. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...
  3. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...
  4. How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?: Background: I bought a physical copy of Windows 8 back in 2015 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free since then. Unfortunately, I cannot find the physical paper with the product key. Windows has been running fine on my computer all these years, even after I previously changed...
  5. How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?

How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?: Background: I bought a physical copy of Windows 8 back in 2015 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free since then. Unfortunately, I cannot find the physical paper with the product key. Windows has been running fine on my computer all these years, even after I previously changed...
  6. How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. If I am upgrading my PC do I need to buy Windows 10 again or no?

If I am upgrading my PC do I need to buy Windows 10 again or no?: I have a PC that is almost 5 years old, and I am upgrading it and building it manually however I am keeping my SSD and HDDs, but I don't know if I need to purchase a new copy of Windows 10 or if it is stored on the drive's, please help....
  8. If I am upgrading my PC do I need to buy Windows 10 again or no?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I am upgrading my PC do I need to buy Windows 10 again or no?: I have a PC that is almost 5 years old, and I am upgrading it and building it manually however I am keeping my SSD and HDDs, but I don't know if I need to purchase a new copy of Windows 10 or if it is stored on the drive's, please help....
  9. If I am upgrading my PC do I need to buy Windows 10 again or no?

10. Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware

Windows 10 digital license and upgrading my computer's hardware: Hi! I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 which I had an original copy of. I am looking to upgrade my computer's CPU and motherboard. Will I be able to use the current version of windows that I have and if yes, is there a limit to how many upgrades I can do to my PC?...