Windows 10: DO I need to re-create recovery disk after windows update?

Discus and support DO I need to re-create recovery disk after windows update? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After a few system crash I now create a recovery disk from windows 10 to shorten my recovery in case it crash again. But since windows 10 updates are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by senderj, Jan 25, 2019.

1. senderj Win User

DO I need to re-create recovery disk after windows update?

After a few system crash I now create a recovery disk from windows 10 to shorten my recovery in case it crash again. But since windows 10 updates are as frequent as weekly, if not daily, do I need to create the recovery disk again in every update?

:)

senderj, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jan 25, 2019
  3. aasaro Win User
    Create a recovery disk

I wanted to create a recovery disk to avoid latest updates conflicting with my settings and my installed apps. However system is telling me it is not possible to create it. Any suggestion?

Thanks

aasaro, Jan 25, 2019
  4. DO I need to re-create recovery disk after windows update?

Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

DO I need to re-create recovery disk after windows update?

1. DO I need to re-create recovery disk after windows update? - Similar Threads - need create recovery

2. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  3. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  4. Do I Need to Create a New Recovery Drive After Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I Need to Create a New Recovery Drive After Upgrade?: I just upgraded the storage in my LG laptop from a 256 GB SSD to a 1 TB SSD. However, I created my Windows 10 recovery drive when the 256 GB ssd was installed. Now that I have a 1 TB ssd in my laptop instead, do I have to create a new Windows 10 recovery drive for it, or is...
  5. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  6. Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?: Hi all...my nephew was futzing around on his laptop 'cleaning' it (he likes to THINK he knows what he is doing...) and deleted the Recovery Partition to save space, but now wants it back in case of a problem down the road. It's running the most recent version of Win10 Home....
  7. creating a system recovery disk

creating a system recovery disk: Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-system-recovery-disk/0e608ccc-c4ed-4b81-90a8-59c2d88208c9
  8. Can't create recovery disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create recovery disk: In create recovery disk with the save system files option. I get "unable to create recovery disk". If create without the system files option it creates ok. Don Cole 113704
  9. create a recovery disk on windows 10

create a recovery disk on windows 10: create a recovery disk on windows 10 using usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-a-recovery-disk-on-windows-10/c07ebaa3-79a8-4177-9df9-376656fb136f
  10. Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?: I have Win 10 64bit. I was told that I need to create a bootable disk on a USB by someone in our local store. When I asked him how many GB's he said in the 20's. I did not buy it, but much later went back and a different guy said 28GB but I should get larger just in case....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after a windows update do you need to recreate a recovery disk

2. does create recovery disk include windows updates and drivers?