Windows 10: do i need to re enter the windows activation key after i have finished my factory format ?

Discus and support do i need to re enter the windows activation key after i have finished my factory format ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; please someone help me I have ha virus in my laptop I need to factory format it I don't know whether I need windows product key after my reset I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Viswadest, May 30, 2020.

1. Viswadest Win User

do i need to re enter the windows activation key after i have finished my factory format ?

please someone help me I have ha virus in my laptop I need to factory format it

I don't know whether I need windows product key after my reset

I bought iths laptop online

I don't have the product key

it came preinstalled in my laptop

somebody help me

my lap model is asus FX570U

and do I loose all my pre installed apps which are from asus

because I got my bios as an app

but I have Microsoft account linked with this device now

so are there any way for me to reset my lap

please help me

:)

Viswadest, May 30, 2020
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, May 30, 2020
  3. erixx Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

yeah, just don't forget that MCE gives you a new Windows key.... I had activation errors untill I entered the MCE key....

erixx, May 30, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

do i need to re enter the windows activation key after i have finished my factory format ?

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. do i need to re enter the windows activation key after i have finished my factory format ? - Similar Threads - need enter activation

2. do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade: I have windows 11 21H1 on my pc. I want to upgrade to 22H2 but I couldn't download it on settings. I have tried a lot of things. I used the troubleshooting tool twice. And I used Media Creation Tool. But none of them work. So I will use In-place upgrade. After I upgrade it do...
  3. do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do I need to enter product key after doing in-place upgrade: I have windows 11 21H1 on my pc. I want to upgrade to 22H2 but I couldn't download it on settings. I have tried a lot of things. I used the troubleshooting tool twice. And I used Media Creation Tool. But none of them work. So I will use In-place upgrade. After I upgrade it do...
  4. i have formatted my laptop and i want to activate my windows, i have product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have formatted my laptop and i want to activate my windows, i have product key: i have formatted my laptop and i want to activate my windows, i have product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-formatted-my-laptop-and-i-want-to-activate/a304574f-2885-4552-800d-3c3a376cdeee
  5. i have not windows activation key so i need a new activation key for my laptop.

i have not windows activation key so i need a new activation key for my laptop.: please send me new activation key for my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-not-windows-activation-key-so-i-need-a-new/e3af803e-a13a-4d6b-965f-52d4dfcd0b83
  6. Do i still need an activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do i still need an activation key?: Ive downloaded the windows 10 (from my laptop that has win10) set up in a flash drive and its ready to go on my new ssd. I was wondering if it would still have the watermark at the bottom right corner. submitted by /u/jepps09 [link] [comments]...
  7. After format can I still do a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After format can I still do a factory reset?: I need help, my friend got her laptop connected for the first time in the internet and she didn't notice that the windows update runs automatic and she got an notice to restart and update, after that when she returns there are some unwanted apps got installed and her files...
  8. Do I need activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need activation key?: So I bought my computer with windows 10 pre-installed. However, I had problems with it recently. An IT guy told me it's probably an OS problem. So basically my question is: doI need the activation key if I were to reinstall windows 10? It's important to note that I can't...
  9. I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.

I have a digital licence but Windows is not activated after the format.: Hello there. I have a digital Windows 10 license. Before the format, I had an original Windows. When I installed Windows again, I thought it would match and activate my Microsoft account, but it didn't. I click "Troubleshoot" and "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware...
  10. Travelling needed to format, have no activation keys

Travelling needed to format, have no activation keys: I have had to reset all 3 of my laptops in recent 8 months and now none of them have a working product key. I am travelling overseas and do not have any of the original notes, receipts or stickers that might have included the key. I cannot afford to buy 3 new versions of...