Windows 10: Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

Discus and support Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a while back ago and I'm curious if I would need to reactivate my Windows 10 license key if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ng_15, Jul 16, 2019.

1. ng_15 Win User

Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

Hello I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a while back ago and I'm curious if I would need to reactivate my Windows 10 license key if I remove everything & start from scratch?

Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC? 554f7e8e-59b7-4875-8cf3-d41bfc159b9e?upload=true.jpg

:)

ng_15, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows License Key

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

My hard disk courrupted. how can i recover my license key and reactivate my windows 10 again

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

1. Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC? - Similar Threads - need reactivate license

2. Restarted my pc now I need to reactivate windows, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my pc now I need to reactivate windows, what do I do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  3. Restarted my pc now I need to reactivate windows, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarted my pc now I need to reactivate windows, what do I do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  4. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  5. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  6. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Do I need a copy of Windows 10 if I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need a copy of Windows 10 if I reset my PC?: Recently some of my .DLL files have gone missing, and as far as I can tell resetting everything is the only way to fix it. But unfortunately I don't have a backup copy of Windows 10. If I attempt to uninstall and reinstall my OS, do I need a copy or will it automatically...
  8. Do I need to reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to reset my PC?: Hello dear good question forum, short and sweet: I was annoyed a few minutes ago by the fact that I constantly have to type my password into my lock screen. So after a short googling with "netplwiz" I unchecked the box above and so I thought I'd remove the password and...
  9. Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc: I recently wanted to reinstall my Nvidia gpu because if that my Windows crashes and the start-up dots start at the exact same position every boot, now I would try to reset it either keeping personal files or fully resetting it, I have no access to my license or Windows cd...
  10. I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10: I have Windows 10 but would like to reset the PC but keep my files. I have Windows 10 Pro (1809) do I need to reactivate windows after the restoration?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 reset require reactivation