Windows 10: Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

Discus and support Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a while back ago and I'm curious if I would need to reactivate my Windows 10 license key if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ng_15, Jul 16, 2019.

1. ng_15 Win User

Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

Hello I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a while back ago and I'm curious if I would need to reactivate my Windows 10 license key if I remove everything & start from scratch?

Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC? 554f7e8e-59b7-4875-8cf3-d41bfc159b9e?upload=true.jpg

:)

ng_15, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows License Key

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

My hard disk courrupted. how can i recover my license key and reactivate my windows 10 again

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

1. Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC? - Similar Threads - need reactivate license

2. I need my windows 10 active keys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need my windows 10 active keys: I need my windows 10 active keys * Original title: hi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-windows-10-active-keys/fac9b67d-1b6b-4004-b7fe-d0a1fe835004"
  3. How do I get my PC to reset?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my PC to reset?: I have tried everything I could think of to get my PC to reset but the only thing I can't do is reinstall windows from a media device. I've tried updating it which also fails, I've tried cmd and cmd in trouble shoot, tried some anti virus software, this may not sound like...
  4. I need my recovery key to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need my recovery key to reset my PC: I need to reset my PC. The PC key ID is 874DD539 and the drive label : MININT-4H5202Q. The recovery key is what I need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-recovery-key-to-reset-my-pc/6a418060-8e10-433d-bc5a-8ae37226c852
  5. Reactivate my Windows on the PC I Upgraded!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate my Windows on the PC I Upgraded!!!: Microsoft, I just upgraded my Motherboard, Processor, and Ram and now my Windows has been deactivated. I have attempted multiple suggestions about trying to get my copy or license of Windows reactivated only to be told I will need to buy a new copy of Windows because I...
  6. I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10: I have Windows 10 but would like to reset the PC but keep my files. I have Windows 10 Pro (1809) do I need to reactivate windows after the restoration?...
  7. How do I reactivate windows 10

How do I reactivate windows 10: I had before windows 7 professional which was latter upgraded free online by Microsoft. I don’t have any record of that license or key with me. Now I have upgraded/changed hardware of my CPU. Please let me know how can I activate windows 10 now.....
  8. Where do I find my digital license key

Where do I find my digital license key: My Surface got stuck in a loop with no way out. Had to reload Windows 10 from scratch wiping out all my software and local data. $&#(*&^@^!!!! So I want to create a recovery memory stick with an ISO file on it. I was told I need the product key or digital license. Where is...
  9. Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board?

Do I need a new windows 10 key if I replace my mother board?: I want to buy an 8th gen i7 and my current motherboard only supports up to 7th so I need to get a new one. So the question is...do I need to spend 200 dollars on a new windows?...
  10. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC

I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC: Hello, HP ENVY laptop. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my PC and I cannot access the battery. I tried my friend "Windows 10 PRO" activation key and now my HP envy laptop is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 reset require reactivation