Windows 10: Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?

Discus and support Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated my Windows and when it was finally finished the system tried to log in to my account using the usual face recognition but said it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelBklyn, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?

I just updated my Windows and when it was finally finished the system tried to log in to my account using the usual face recognition but said it couldn't and that the solution was to "log out" and log back in. I did that again but now it seems that all my software needs to be logged back into -- things like dropbox, MS Office etc. I've never had to do that before. Also, there is nothing in my flies. Most of my important files are backed up to DropBox and/or Carbonite, so I'm not so concerned about the data, but I really don't want to have to essentially reinstall everything.

Should I have to do that after an update? Appreciate anyone's advice.

Thanks,

M

:)

MichaelBklyn, Feb 5, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 5, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?

1. Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update? - Similar Threads - need reinstall programs

2. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...
  3. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...
  4. Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?: Any update installs just fine until the restart. Then it always stops at 7% and then says something didn't go as planned. Undoing the changes. I've tried everything aside from this....
  5. Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?

Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?: Any update installs just fine until the restart. Then it always stops at 7% and then says something didn't go as planned. Undoing the changes. I've tried everything aside from this....
  6. Can I recover and reinstall all old desktop icons and programs after doing a fresh install...

Can I recover and reinstall all old desktop icons and programs after doing a fresh install...: So I’m using a recovery tool program and I found many programs in different files that I need and want but I was wondering if there’s a quicker way to ONLY RECOVER JUST DESKTOP ICONS & PROGRAMS from the old ssd? I would like to leave all unnecessary files off and JUST the old...
  7. Do I need all this (windows)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need all this (windows)?: [ATTACH] or rather what do I not need from it? and when I delete something, does it free up memory? or not? Brauche ich das alles (windows)?
  8. Do i need to reinstall windows?

Do i need to reinstall windows?: Changing from a faulty motherboard DQ77MK to a P8Z77-V, i have Windows 10 64bit pro, looking for some advice do i need to reinstall windows, also do i need to install any drivers or are the microsoft drivers better? 152695
  9. how to reinstall all program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reinstall all program: i have 2 separate drives , one drive for windows only (this is new drive and this is ssd) and the other for multimedia and programs ( 2 different partition , and this is old drive , hard disk) and then i'm fresh reinstall windows because my windows is in the old drive ( so...
  10. Updating to Windows 10 - Do I have to reinstall all other programs after install?

Updating to Windows 10 - Do I have to reinstall all other programs after install?: I have to update to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Will I have to reinstall all the programs I have on the computer like Office 365, FTR Reporting and others as well as device drivers?...