Windows 10: Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11?

Discus and support Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Do i need to back up everything? Is the update going to format my drive? What about settings/users/preferences, is the update going to wipe it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jeff de guzman, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11?

Do i need to back up everything? Is the update going to format my drive? What about settings/users/preferences, is the update going to wipe it?

:)

jeff de guzman, Sep 28, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Windows 11 reinstall

Hi there I'm using a dell inspiron 3501.

I always experience BSODs in my windows 11 PC. So now I'm trying to reinstall windows 11. I have backed up all the important files as well...

But at the moment I am confused whether should I reset my PC by removing all the files or clean install or a fresh start. Can you give me any suggestion and how the method actually works and the steps that I should follow to reinstall windows 11?

ShermindaPerera, Sep 28, 2022
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11?

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11?

1. Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11? - Similar Threads - need reinstall everything

2. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...
  3. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...
  4. Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?

Do I need to reinstall or reset Windows?: Any update installs just fine until the restart. Then it always stops at 7% and then says something didn't go as planned. Undoing the changes. I've tried everything aside from this....
  5. Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to reinstall everything when i update to 11?: Do i need to back up everything? Is the update going to format my drive? What about settings/users/preferences, is the update going to wipe it?...
  6. Do I have to reinstall Linux when I reinstall Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to reinstall Linux when I reinstall Windows 11?: I have to reinstall Windows 11. How do I do this without reinstalling Linux? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-reinstall-linux-when-i-reinstall/0121dc11-a979-42da-a6b6-148437992ae2
  7. Do I have to reinstall Linux when I reinstall Windows 11?

Do I have to reinstall Linux when I reinstall Windows 11?: I have to reinstall Windows 11. How do I do this without reinstalling Linux? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-reinstall-linux-when-i-reinstall/0121dc11-a979-42da-a6b6-148437992ae2
  8. Do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i need to reinstall windows?: Changing from a faulty motherboard DQ77MK to a P8Z77-V, i have Windows 10 64bit pro, looking for some advice do i need to reinstall windows, also do i need to install any drivers or are the microsoft drivers better? 152695
  9. Do I need to reinstall windows when upgrading my motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to reinstall windows when upgrading my motherboard?: Hi, I am soon going to be upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I am going from a z370 chipset to an x570 chipset. I am currently running windows 10 pro. Do i need to reinstall windows? If not, is there any drivers that i need to remove? Some places say that you should reinstall,...
  10. Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?: Im not expert at this , helping a friend(elderly) whose ASUS AIO suddenly wont boot past the BIOS screen. Ive been able to boot into USB and run every thing that i can form the latest W10 download(to usb) from MS. I have been able to boot into Linux Mint(Cinnamon) and see...