Windows 10: Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk

Discus and support Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry for the newb question. Facing an imminent HD failure, I added a SSD for my boot drive and cloned my failing HD to a new disk. All went well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FCallahan, Nov 24, 2019.

1. FCallahan Win User

Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk

Sorry for the newb question.

Facing an imminent HD failure, I added a SSD for my boot drive and cloned my failing HD to a new disk. All went well, Boots great and I can see everything on the cloned HD.

Is there a utility that can rebuild application links? Or do I need to reinstall my apps?

:)

FCallahan, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Booting GRLDR

during install did it ever give the option as to which boot loader youd like to use? because sounds like your boot loader is F@#$%d you can pop in the disk and try reinstalling the boot loader or you can reinstall the OS and i suggest using GRUB

Solaris17, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Nov 24, 2019
  4. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk - Similar Threads - need reinstall applications

2. I need a boot disk to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a boot disk to reinstall windows: My Product key: D7P3X-MVHRF-4YHDP-8G8KV-9378TX16-96072 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-boot-disk-to-reinstall-windows/3d22c4cf-28af-47d1-a11e-98683dec6b4a
  3. I need a boot disk to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a boot disk to reinstall windows: My Product key: D7P3X-MVHRF-4YHDP-8G8KV-9378TX16-96072 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-boot-disk-to-reinstall-windows/3d22c4cf-28af-47d1-a11e-98683dec6b4a
  4. I need a boot disk to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. NEED HELP, after reinstalling Windows, how do I clear my Cache?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NEED HELP, after reinstalling Windows, how do I clear my Cache?: Please Help with clearing cache after windows 10 reinstall My pc has been experiencing multiple blue screens for a few days, and after trying just about everything I could do, u decided to reinstall windows from a usb with the installation media. Doing this, I thought that I...
  6. I DO NOT WANT ANY APPLICATIONS TO BE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO MY DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    I DO NOT WANT ANY APPLICATIONS TO BE AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO MY DESKTOP: Hello, how do i turn off automatic desktop shortcuts for apps? I never ever under any circumstances to have anything but 2 icons on my desktop but whenever I install or update an app it is automatically created a shortcut on the desktop. How to i disable this useless...
  7. What windows 10 files do I need for a Boot disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    What windows 10 files do I need for a Boot disk: What files do I need to make a boot disk for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-windows-10-files-do-i-need-for-a-boot-disk/5ffce20e-0a21-40eb-b1c6-618c0e9264bc
  8. Do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i need to reinstall windows?: Changing from a faulty motherboard DQ77MK to a P8Z77-V, i have Windows 10 64bit pro, looking for some advice do i need to reinstall windows, also do i need to install any drivers or are the microsoft drivers better? 152695
  9. Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?: I recently had an ultimately unsolved problem with an existing Win 10 computer when trying to install & use an extra hard drive. I could see the extra drive and could use it normally but only for around a half dozen cold boots of the system. The system would then fail to boot...
  10. after hard disk failure, need to reinstall my Win10 on new drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after hard disk failure, need to reinstall my Win10 on new drive: Just need the steps to reinstall Win10 on replacement hard disk. Previous install was online during upgrade from Win 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-hard-disk-failure-need-to-reinstall-my-win10/3f44ca03-074c-4d09-82f8-9e88a40c5b3b