Windows 10: Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk

Discus and support Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry for the newb question. Facing an imminent HD failure, I added a SSD for my boot drive and cloned my failing HD to a new disk. All went well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FCallahan, Nov 24, 2019.

1. FCallahan Win User

Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk

Sorry for the newb question.

Facing an imminent HD failure, I added a SSD for my boot drive and cloned my failing HD to a new disk. All went well, Boots great and I can see everything on the cloned HD.

Is there a utility that can rebuild application links? Or do I need to reinstall my apps?

:)

FCallahan, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Booting GRLDR

during install did it ever give the option as to which boot loader youd like to use? because sounds like your boot loader is F@#$%d you can pop in the disk and try reinstalling the boot loader or you can reinstall the OS and i suggest using GRUB

Solaris17, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Nov 24, 2019
  4. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Do I need to reinstall my applications after adding a boot disk - Similar Threads - need reinstall applications

2. Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?: I just updated my Windows and when it was finally finished the system tried to log in to my account using the usual face recognition but said it couldn't and that the solution was to "log out" and log back in. I did that again but now it seems that all my software needs to be...
  3. Do I need to reinstall windows when upgrading my motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to reinstall windows when upgrading my motherboard?: Hi, I am soon going to be upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I am going from a z370 chipset to an x570 chipset. I am currently running windows 10 pro. Do i need to reinstall windows? If not, is there any drivers that i need to remove? Some places say that you should reinstall,...
  4. After restarting my computer, reinstalls applications updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After restarting my computer, reinstalls applications updates: After I restart my computer and once it is fully restarted. If I go into the Microsoft store and check for updates, it always comes up with 30 or so. Though nothing new usually is ever updated at that time. It is all prior updates as the modified dates are from weeks to...
  5. Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?

Do i NEED and W10 Key to reinstall?: Im not expert at this , helping a friend(elderly) whose ASUS AIO suddenly wont boot past the BIOS screen. Ive been able to boot into USB and run every thing that i can form the latest W10 download(to usb) from MS. I have been able to boot into Linux Mint(Cinnamon) and see...
  6. Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need to nominate the boot disk in a new multiple disk system?: I recently had an ultimately unsolved problem with an existing Win 10 computer when trying to install & use an extra hard drive. I could see the extra drive and could use it normally but only for around a half dozen cold boots of the system. The system would then fail to boot...
  7. after hard disk failure, need to reinstall my Win10 on new drive

after hard disk failure, need to reinstall my Win10 on new drive: Just need the steps to reinstall Win10 on replacement hard disk. Previous install was online during upgrade from Win 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-hard-disk-failure-need-to-reinstall-my-win10/3f44ca03-074c-4d09-82f8-9e88a40c5b3b
  8. I need help to open a application to start on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to open a application to start on boot: hi, i am using windows10 i want to open a application when i start my computer application name = DialogDevil home page = http://www.dialogdevil.com/ thank you 83128
  9. Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?

Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?: Hi, I have a Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" disk running basically only Windows. I've moved all users folders to my other HDD (Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB) and on this disc all Program Files, games etc. are stored. Now I bought this Western Digital Blue 3D NAND...
  10. Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootable disk? Recovery disk? What do I need?: I have Win 10 64bit. I was told that I need to create a bootable disk on a USB by someone in our local store. When I asked him how many GB's he said in the 20's. I did not buy it, but much later went back and a different guy said 28GB but I should get larger just in case....