Windows 10: Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change

Discus and support Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am swapping from intel to AMD moBo and cpu from intel, do i need to reinstall windows. 136604 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by markfresh, Jul 15, 2019.

1. markfresh Win User

Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change

Hi,
    I am swapping from intel to AMD moBo and cpu from intel, do i need to reinstall windows.

:)

markfresh, Jul 15, 2019

2. intel and amd wont work together

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Did you bought that AMD Radeon Graphics card separately or came with your PC?
    • How about disabling Intel Graphics Card and using AMD Radeon Graphics card?

I suspect the problem might be with the incompatible AMD Graphics card drivers. I mean, you can see this kind of behavior when driver malfunctions on background. Suggest you to check for latest AMD Radeon Graphics card drivers on device Manufacturer website,
    if in case it came along with your computer. If in case you bought it separately then try to search for the drivers on AMD official website. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Sometimes latest drivers still fails to work correctly due to compatibility on Windows 10. In view of the same, try installing legacy drivers (I.e. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 15, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change

Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change

1. Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change - Similar Threads - need reinstall window

2. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  3. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  4. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Should I reinstall windows 10 going from INTEL to AMD?

Should I reinstall windows 10 going from INTEL to AMD?: I recently upgraded my system from intel to amd and I was wondering if reinstalling OS is necessary? It booted without issues and windows found all required drivers and removed all intel related drivers by itself. Maybe there are some registry values or other leftovers that...
  6. How do I change my GPU from Intel to AMD for ALL apps?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change my GPU from Intel to AMD for ALL apps?: I'm getting really desperate here. I have a lot of games on my computer, and I want to change my default GPU to AMD. But I have a LOT of games, and it'll take a lot of time to configure settings for every single one of them. How do I set AMD as my default GPU?...
  7. Changing from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from Intel to AMD: Hello, I have recently bought a new amd cpu and motherboard to replace my old intel i5, how do I change these two without having to reinstall windows 10retail version and all my programs, games etc. Thanks....
  8. Do i need to reinstall windows?

Do i need to reinstall windows?: Changing from a faulty motherboard DQ77MK to a P8Z77-V, i have Windows 10 64bit pro, looking for some advice do i need to reinstall windows, also do i need to install any drivers or are the microsoft drivers better? 152695
  9. Intel to AMD change....advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel to AMD change....advice: Hi, i'm looking for a new motherboard/cpu combo to replace my intel set up and complement my vega 56. I currently have i7 7700(non k) and a gigabyte Z270-HD3. I was looking to get a ryzen 5 3600x and a motherboard. i didnt want to spend a fortune and am not worried about...
  10. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need to do anything when switching from intel to amd cpu

2. reinstall windows going from intel to amd